Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   More ebay contact numbers.

Ebay's lack of customer support and inability to respond
Posted by: barry 2001-11-04 01:44:45
Ebay has a monopoly on on-line auctions today.
It can not sustain this forever. The biggest
undoing will be it's unwillingness to respond
to customer concerns or complaints. Upon each
email complaint, problem, question or concern
I have emailed I have yet to receive an answer.
I only receive a referal to the help site,
a form letter or a response that has nothing
to do with my question. It is obvious that
my email was never read or the person reading
had no command of english. They are unwilling
to provide a human contact (no matter how much
money I pay them through fees). If I provided
this poor level of customer service in any job
I have ever had, I would loose my job! Ebay
has no accountability to anyone and some of
their customer service reps are intrusted with
too much descretion and too little knowledge.
With ANY viable alternative Ebay will disappear
in record time. But as it is, Ebay has a monopoly,
knows it, and has a 'take it or leave it'
attitude.

Re: Ebay's lack of customer support and inability to respond
Posted by: john160251 2012-07-04 04:52:38 In reply to: barry
If you live in the UK and have run into serious problems with eBay Customer Services go to the Office of Fair Trading website and lodge your complaint on the listed phone number - handled by Citizens' Advice. I got a reply in thirty seconds and the human being (not machine) who dealt with my call said they could move a lot faster on eBay complaints if they had more evidence from customers.

Worst Customer Service Ever
Posted by: skiingsean 2010-06-02 15:50:30 In reply to: barry
Let me start by first saying I do have to give it to ebay in that they have recently refunded some 4-5 transactions without question --

Now that leads me into the problem here. I used to deal with one two fraudsters in a 6-12 month period --- Today i'm presented with almost 4, 5, 6 and counting fraudulent transactions in a 30 day period. I can understand that internet crime is up these days but COME ON EBAY -- Member ID K2354F@Qwa34 <---(exaggeration) from VIETNAM????? (Fine: Bad me for trusting that user with 30+ positive feedback) BAD YOU EBAY for allowing this account to become verified and not even track the transactions leading up to the positive feedback. Each time I go to find the status of my item it's the same freaking thing --- Warning this member is no longer a valid E-Bay member, blah blah blah.

Whatever moot point, I can see that your customer base is no longer minimal in terms of bad sellers, it's completely corrupt and up to me to no longer be able to trust the lowest priced seller(s) based on the info you give me.

Now, I want to speak with YOU, a human, and I can't -- I sent in two formal "Contact Us" emails because you've hidden your phone number, you've hidden your once readily available live chat link, and I have never once received any ack or reply. I don't even get the option to CC myself, nor view my correspondence that I SENT YOU in my sent folder under "My Ebay" --

To E-Bay -- I asked YOU why it is that I should continue to remain YOUR customer. Why it is that I should stay loyal --- (and all my other points)

I'm still waiting....

Ebay member: skiingsean

Ebay poor customer service
Posted by: mart602 2010-05-23 09:24:00 In reply to: barry
Re: Ebay - The biggest undoing will be it's unwillingness to respond to customer concerns or complaints.

Until this week I had a high regard for ebay but unfortunately I become a customer. Never in all my 30 years of International Business travel have I come across such an arrogant uncaring and unresponsive organization like ebay. My experience has been one of total frustration!

I found, that as a customer, they have gone out of their way to put every obstacle they can in making it almost impossible to allow me to contact them.

Then after spend an age eventually getting to a point where I can actually fill out one of their forms, when they reply, I only get half the question answered.

When will there be a helpful auction site actually be an alternative to ebay.

Posted by: Lbaby 2007-05-22 14:57:50 In reply to: barry
Similar story here. Here's a suggestion. If you run into 3 or more successive unhelpful responses from Ebay (whether it be because of undertrained staff, or trained staff) that forestalls any REAL resolution commitment. Let them know that you will be filing a complaint to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the Attorney General's (AG) office. This may or may not effect much. I do know that the mention of BBB or AG got good results for me with the largest wireless phone company in the US, when they did not live up to a commitment and provided an unreasonable workaround. I expect that I will be using this tactic soon with eBay. I might even file complaints.

Posted by: JoeKidd 2007-04-13 14:10:15 In reply to: barry
I was selling at a $4400 a month paying Customer clip and just started and have MUCH MORE TO SELL, I sold some small items and some BIG HEAVY items.
Some small items the shipping exceeded the cost of the item so I was actually paying people to take my items using e-bays calculator.
I had just started selling altho member with this Nick for few sales since 1999, NOW it is at 24 100% positive Feedbacks. I started to guess at Flat Rate Shipping, I sold a Snare Drum(Hollow right?), I am 90 minutes out of Seattle in what the Shippiing companies consider a "Rural Area" so everything I ship, has a surcharge, it is something new by the shipping companies as sometimes I paid surcharge at other end also if it was NoWhere, GA, DHL was always cheapest out of here and they do not perform stops for signatures so if your buyer says "make it a "sig req'd shipment" that signature alone is $6 and moves it onto UPS so e-bay is WAY OUT OF THEIR League placing "shipping costs" on their site, they do not know the diff rates, sig req'd probs, NEW BOXES a MUST if you want Insurance so pay for box and pack COSTS YOU A LOT, they mislead people to think one can ship semi large item that is 45 pounds from Seattle to Chicago for $9 or some ridiculous garbage.
So lets take the snare drum again, I guess "Flat Rate $50" and sell for a cheap price, NONE of my items went to 7 days as I priced everything to move, Ludwig Super Sensitive Snare sells new almost $900 for 6 1/2 " thick Chrome model, I sell it $360 and person buys immediately in Topeka, KS, I think "thank gosh" as was shipping LOT to FL and East Coast so think who knows, maybe make $10 on shipping, well DHL wants $57, UPS $77, Fed Ex $79, I figure ok well $7 is peanuts but WOW, better be real carefful with my guessing.
Next item I put up is HP Flat Panel 19" made in 2005, I bought in 2006 for $900 and now want get rid of and prices have taken BIG DIVE so I put it up, for $100 and Flat Rate of $150 as Stand is big flex breakable deal and the packaging is going to cost me a LOT and it is HEAVY in comparison to Snare Drum. I also place pair of old fashioned Heavy Speakers in great Quality though that are pushing 200 pounds and really BIG so I place $250 on them.
Well people start to write nasty e-mails telling me to reprice their way, I ALREADY HAVE BIG RED FONT NOTE in description says if shipping is less than "Flat Rate Posted", a receipt and payment by me for difference will be included with shipment I am NOT TRYING TO MAKE A PENNY ON SHIPPING"
Now you cannot miss this note it is so big and annoying, also, I had already made 4 shipments this way and customers were happy as ever with its effectivness and my payment.
ALSO, I have 5 other items for sale with same note along with 2 above described. Well I finally answered a couple really nasty e-mails(I could of put Monitor up for $250, free shipping & I would of got more money) but trying to give Customer best deal, anyhow, I am polite but say "you worked hard at it and you earned it and have been awarded seat on my "no bid list" well that was a mistake as it enflamed a couple end they must of wrote Security and said their is an EXTORTIONIST ONLINE and e-bay Security came out "rough and tough" and told me 2 items had bidders money returned(the 2 above) as I violated E-Bay Policy in regards to "shipping costs"
I thought why leave the other 5 still up? They read same way? How do they know how much Monitor weighs and where it will be shipped? Is that not what Flat Rate Shipping is for? To Protect the seller with 200 pouund speakers of large size? I wrote them, , said you don't know weights dimensions of these items and you missed my note on front otherwise you would rip all my current posts as THEY ALL READ THAT WAY THIS VERY INSTANT, GO GET THEM!!!!!!!!!
They sent me "canned messages", one had one single human sentence stating "if you feel e-bay could be impproved, you could go to e-bay suggestion box and make a suggestion for evaluation"
I thought WHAT IDIOTS, and wrote back SUGGESTION BOX???, The only suggestion I would have is your totally unaccountable, unreachable, unresponsible, unethical, group hiding under your desks that do absolutely NO WORK I CAN SEE OR SERVICE OF ANY POSITIVE VALUE for e-bay be FIRED AND WALKED OUT on the spot!!!!!!
I told them I am going to be their worst nightmare and I promise you I AM, I wrote 13 Top People in San Jose already, Founder, CEO, etc. Now I am working on getting into Middle management e-mails direct to find the right person to forward this issue to get them to call me as they took all kinds of money from me but am willing to let that go but they WILL REMOVE THEIR imaginary Policy Violations against my nick and WILL be ACCOUNTABLE and EXPOSED for what they did. If you keep Googling, you keep getting more and more e-mails inside e-bay, I am going to send them all with just very shrot note saying very serious issue Senior Cust. Support would WANT TO KNOW, but MUST CALL me and provide them my #, tell them to please forward to Senior Cust. Support Manager.
E-bay is a big whale that has got so fat, it can no longer swim, someone smart, I am Degreed Engineer and someone wants to join me and try to start an Auction Site that is SLICK, Fast, Cheap, and is a mover and shaker it would shake e-bay apart eventually as they are so lost they pretent to think they know what they are doing while the CEO admits on TV "I know we lead the country in Customer Dis Satisfaction for big companies but we are working on it"
One last thing, people like the cop out "oh e-bay provides 24/7 live help in Customer Service" That is not true, they have volunteers not even on e-bay payroll I do believe that help people learn how to get around e-bay and THEY ARE VERY knowledgeable about how to find about anything on e-bay, they will give you a link to mail to for an expected canned reply of 72 hours MAYBE, but if you tell them you have done that 10 times and need High Level Management involvement, they know of no one, cannot access names of people at e-bay or e-mails, they have no athority to do anything except provide you a link. I Begged them "ok just copy this transcript and send it too ebay Cust Support Senior Manager, said they know no one at e-bay nor e-mails, they are really useless if have a serious issue like this thread.
E-bay will one day FALL, if I was in Computer Science Graduating now, I would set out to "burn their house down" by doing 15x the job with very little effort I would bet you.
Again, anyone one here wants to give it a run, I am a Degreed Engineer and still would consider it now as all it is IS a WebSite with words GOOGLE will find and slowly, if you are good, time will slowly make a couple smart people ricch quick as they are in no way competitive/could easily be run into ground. JoeKidd

Posted by: steller 2007-07-12 18:33:37 In reply to: JoeKidd
Hey Joe Kidd,
Well, I've been sufffering great anxyst with eBay. I started three weeks ago and don't know what I'm doing really. However, it seems eBay does. I've listed about 35 items, half twice, and have sold twelve. My first months bill is $105 and I sold $115. Their fees are killing me! And it seems that every advantage you might get takes qualifications or has time restrictions. They seem to be set up to rape the new comer. As far as customer support, I've contacted them about 6 or 7 times, and yeah, it sucks. It takes them about 2 days to get back to you, then it's ususally pretty canned. However, I did stumble onto their live contact one time and it was good.Unfortunately, I think that when I challenge my bill in a few days we're gonna have a Jesus come to meetin' experience, eh? Oh, and the shipping? I've eaten a few dollars with that scenerio. I use the usps website for a quote, then paypal for the final shipping label. They're neve the same, so I've been estimating high. So they can come after me for that???? Anyway, what started out as an exciting propostion has turned into more stress in my life. I have many many inexpensively priced items of good value that are sitting there collecting dust and more fees. Do you think eBay is saturated with sellers? or is it just slow...or do you have to get into a store format to make any money? Seems I tried that on my first day and was held back because I was "new" just like when trying to use the "buy now" option. If I get a store, will my items be any less accessible than they are now, with thousands of items I'm competing with? At least I could list them all for $15, right? Thanks for any feed back you can give me....IT BETTER NOT BE CANNED!!!HAHAHA Candace

ETHICS OF EBAY (OR, THE LACK THERE OF)
Posted by: juliers 2010-09-12 14:03:53 In reply to: steller
ANYONE WHO HAS ACTUALLY GOTTEN IN TOUCH WITH A REAL HUMAN BEING FROM EBAY CUSTOMER SERVICE, SHOULD FEEL PRIVILEGED.

THE EBAY WEBSITE IS CONFIGURED TO TAKE THE USER SEEKING "HELP" OR "CONTACT US" ETC ON A SHORT BUS. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS IF THE USER IS LOOKING FOR BASIC "HELP" INFORMATION THAT CAN BE FOUND USING THE EBAY "HELP". THIS EMPTY "HELP" PAGE IS NOTHING BUT A GENERIC/SIMPLISTIC AUTOMATED RESPONSE SERVICE.

I FIND IT INSULTING AND ARROGANT ON THE BEHALF OF THE POWERS THAT BE (FOR THE EBAY CORPORATION) TO KNOWINGLY MAKE IT DIFFICULT (IMPOSSIBLE) FOR BUYERS/SELLERS TO OBTAIN CUSTOMER SERVICE. IT SEEMS LIKE THERE WOULD BE SOME KIND OF LEGAL ISSUE WITH THIS... RIGHT?

UNLESS YOU ARE 'IN THE KNOW' ON HOW TO TRACK DOWN AN ACTUAL HUMAN BEING REPRESENTING EBAY'S GHOSTLY CUSTOMER SERVICE, YOU WILL BE AT A LOSS. ULTIMATELY, "HELP" SEEKING USERS WILL END UP BACK AT THIS PAGE E V E R Y T I M E :

CONTACT US - Contact eBay Customer Support http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUsNextGen

AFTER GOOGLING "EBAY CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUES" AND SPENDING A SHORT TIME (LITERALLY SECONDS), IT IS APPARENT, EBAY HAS CHOSEN NOT HELP THEIR CUSTOMERS/CLIENTS. FOR WHATEVER REASON, EBAY HAS OPTED THIS STRANGE AND SELF-DESTRUCTIVE BUSINESS MODEL. AN UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICE THAT LACKS ACCOUNTABILITY AND INTEGRITY... LACKS SUSTAINABILITY. THIS BEHAVIOR WILL LEAD TO THEIR DETRIMENT.

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THEIR "FEES"...

Posted by: patrocinum 2007-02-16 19:47:07 In reply to: barry
Yes they do have a monopoly but lets do something about it. Give'um some good ole competition. Google is ready to strike. All they need is a showing of support from the many disgruntled ebay participants. Go sign the petition to get Google motivated to do it. http://www.petitiononline.com/ga05/petition.html
I for one have already signed today, after being reinstated from a 14 day suspension / "spanking" for listing expired medical clips that I did not even know was a violation. I have been a member since 1998 with a 99.6 rating. It's done every day on Ebay just look up a few "expired" under medical supplies, you'll see. It's time to put the Meg Whitman, Bill Cobb Gestapo's feet to the fire with a little good ole fashion "competition". Roger@patrocinum@gmail.com

Posted by: polizia54 2007-04-06 07:29:46 In reply to: patrocinum
Patrocinum, thank you for the information. I have just signed the petition and I hope someone can put Ebay out of business.

Posted by: dawson212 2008-01-18 10:35:28 In reply to: polizia54
I signed the petition as well.I totally despise ebay,and I do hope they will be shut down SOON!!!!!But I don't understand how google can do anything. Please explain. Thank you.

I WILL GET YOU BACK ON EBAY TODAY !
Posted by: CoachDirect 2008-12-23 05:50:25 In reply to: dawson212
I purchased the #1 get back on ebay book in June of this year. I currently have 5 accounts on ebay and am selling many items every week. This book works! Anyone can do it! You can easily be back on ebay in a matter of minutes by following the techniques easily explained in this book!

But, one thing I needed in the beginning was some personal support. This was very hard to get and was outrageously expensive! I was charged $50 an issue! By 'issue' I mean that because this was all new to me, and I desperately NEEDED to get back on ebay, I wanted to do everything right and STAY on ebay. I have accomplished this and I want you to also!

You will learn how to open as many new ebay accounts as you need.

You will learn how to open as many newpaypal accounts as you need.

You will learn what you did 'wrong' that got you suspended or banned.

You will learn how to change your ip address.

You will learn how to acquire a new address, phone number, credit card, merchant account, and more!

Here is my offer. I will email you this book and give you my instant messenger address all for $20. You will be able to get back on ebay and stay there! Also, if you run into any 'issues', I'll be here to help you!

There are many ways to mess things up and get suspended again! This book, and my coaching, will help explain and show you in more detail what ebay does to try and link your accounts and ultimately suspend you. Don't let it happen again! Email me right now!

coachdirect@live.com

http://getbackonebaytoday.webs.com/

Posted by: ftktickets 2008-03-31 11:15:12 In reply to: dawson212
We've been suspended so many times I don't even remember...lost thousand of dollars and our good name ruined. We've decided to sell off of ebay for now, but also try to make some money off of these anti ebay shirts and office item...
Help support your fellow suspended!!!!
http://www.cafepress.com/ftktickets.248256284
Thanks for your support!!!

Posted by: casumma 2007-01-13 21:42:52 In reply to: barry
I have been having difficulty contacting ebay and found this string interesting. A seller left me retaliatory feedback a couple of years ago after I filed a complaint against them for shipping me defective products. I would like to contest the fairness that this negative feedback is on my account. Sellers should not be able to retaliate against a consumer for lodging a legitimate complaint. Ebay's forms-based email system did not allow me to submit my request because the item numbers are more than a year old. I have been trying to search for a direct email address to no avail. A simple listing of contact information would be helpful.

Posted by: bms1228 2007-10-22 08:54:49 In reply to: casumma
Just purchased an item on ebay and paid instantly through paypal. Seller contacts me and says he doesn't have the item, so I requested a refund. He then files an unpaid item dispute, and refunds money, but this will now appear on my ebay feedback that I did not pay for this item. Feedback score 100%. I was told by ebay that he did this so he could recover his listing fee. That's insane !!!! Why give him his listing fee back when HE DID NOT HAVE THE ITEM HE HAD LISTED and it now appears on my feedback that I didn't pay for am item. Of course I can't talk to a live person about this. This policy needs to be changed !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: paigendg 2006-10-26 08:43:05 In reply to: barry
There is a simple problem with the premise presented here.
ebay is a venue for sellers. if you buy on ebay, you are a customer of your seller, not ebay. if you sell on ebay, you merely pay for bandwidth to advertise your product. ebay is a flea market. ebay owes you no more customer service than the newspaper when you place a classified ad. ebay is only a venue. ebay is only a venue. say this five times. get it straight.
it is a buyer beware world out there. at the flea market, at a garage sale, on ebay.
take steps to protect yourself from fraud. don't count on someone else (ebay) to do it for you. read read read. there are tutorials available on ebay. they've gone above and beyond the call of duty on that point. 99.9% of quesitons posed to ebay chatrooms can be resolved by reading the info already available on the site. beyond that, there's a live help link on the home page, top right hand corner, under the sun systems logo. ebay's trust and safety dept is deluged with dumb questions everyday. on the off chance you would need their services, you have to wait in line with the dimwits who won't read first. it's not ebay's fault. blame the numb-skull in front of you who is clogging up the works asking what it costs to sell on ebay. if he'd have read the selling tutorial, he would know, and that'd be one less person in line.
read the site map info on buying and selling before you attempt either.
use your credit card through paypal to pay for your transactions so you have double protection.
read the feedback given and received by your seller before you bid. many scams reveal themselves here. no one can possibly ship a brand new john deere tractor to Ohio from China for free. use common sense.
ebay owes you no customer service. you are not their customer.
when's the last time you bought a car out of the classified ads, and expected the newspaper to give you customer service on the product? geeez. have a little cheese with that whine.
<P>i am not an ebay employee. i have been selling on ebay for 6 years, and the growing problem of new ebay users who expect to be handfed instead of doing the work themselves is astounding.

Posted by: pvd2sfo 2007-01-04 09:03:36 In reply to: paigendg
I have been buying AND selling on eBay for OVER 8 years and you sir, are an idiot!

Posted by: CADIEUXGR 2006-07-09 06:49:08 In reply to: barry
DITTO BARRY !!!! - (WHAT HE SAID) - WORST customer service I have EVER SEEN !!!!!

Posted by: echuether 2006-06-05 12:35:14 In reply to: barry
I agree that Ebay has awful customer service. They were of no help when I received an item in damaged condition last summer. I kept getting the run around and never did get it resolved, so now I am stuck with a damaged good that is not worth half of what I payed.

I Got Back On After Being Suspended From Ebay
Posted by: TabithaKat 2006-02-21 19:50:52 In reply to: barry
These guys helped me to get selling again. I was unregistered there for no reason at all. They never told me other than Section 9. Anyway to make a long story short, I was going broke and had to get selling again and found
http://easycc.5u.com
I had filed bankruptsy after a nasty divorce and could not just go out and open a new checking account at a regular bank much less get a new Credit Card. This was easy as 1,2,3.
Go to:
http://easycc.5u.com
and get back to selling again!

Re: I Got Back On After Being Suspended From Ebay
Posted by: milan 2006-03-11 15:50:35 In reply to: TabithaKat
TabithaKat, you're just the same recycled section9.i8.com website that got put out of business for ripping it's customer's off. ANYONE THINKING OF SIGNING UP WITH THEM THINK ABOUT THIS: They are using a free hosting provider, You have to contact them by email first, and to buy anything you have to Western Union it. You cannot recover your money when they don't deliver, and believe me, THEY WON'T DELIVER. I got scammed by them the same as alot of other people; take a look at this website to see other people's feedback of this con job: http://irish.typepad.com/irisheyes/2005/01/suspended_by_eb.html

Posted by: asian071 2009-04-18 16:52:54 In reply to: milan
There are many techniques one can use to get back on ebay, lift their suspension, get negative feedbacks removed, etc.
for more info contact asian071-vs@yahoo.com

Posted by: Heaven 2007-04-25 13:21:59 In reply to: milan
a year later, yet I need to reply.
just got kicked off ebay. totally uspset because there keeping my money. and so on, I don't want to complain and carry on, however, I am sooo mad.
just wondering if what you said in your post still applies a year later?
by the way, it was wicked hard to understand all that you said.
I get the deleting part. but for some reason, it doesn't work on my PC which is a XP.
I delete cookie, browsing history, I delete all. then I turn off my puter and reboot, type the letter e in my search, and there it is. ebay.com
so either I'm not doing something right. which I thought I was since it works for other people, or my puter is not able. sorry for the editorial
Kindly yours
Newenglander/lisa

Posted by: zeekzigler1 2006-04-21 09:35:03 In reply to: milan
I have been suspended and this is all you need to do to get back on.....REady....Down load fire fox and set it so everytime that you log off fire fox your cookies are erased. Ebay uses cookies to track you. Go to entrobay.com and set up an acct with them and you can get a totally anonomous credit card using your checking acct and check card. Set up a new checking acct, which is easy...go to credit union, they are the best. Use a friends address. And most of all change your IP address. If you are on dialup it isnt a problem because usually your IP address is changed everytime you log onto the inernet. If you are using DSL just unplug your modemn wait 5 seconds and plug it back in and your IP address is changed. If you are on a cable connection, it is a little more difficult. Go to your start menu and click on run. Type cmd and click ok. Then you need to type ipconfig and hit enter, this will show you your IP address. then type ipconfig/release and this will release your IP address. Turn off your modemn, usually wait over night and then the next day, turn on you computer. Go to the start menu and click run. Type cmd again and hit enter. Then type ipconfig/renew and this will pick up a IP address. Hopefully you got a new address. If not you can always use a proxy server but that is difficult. In short. Eneter new credit card info and bnk acct info. MAKE SURE THAT ALL YOUR COOKIES ARE DELETED!!!!! Change your address, use a friends!! and ofcourse, do not use the same IP address. This should get you back up and running on ebay. I havent had a problem yet. I know it is a little of a pain but Ebay is the only auction sight that you can really make money on and they know it, so you have to follow by their rules. If you do what is outlined above you be back up and running on ebay, no problem. Entropay is awesome and you can get as many anonomous credit card numbers as you need and they will validate with any address. Dont waste your money buying those prepaid credit cards on other people's website, they cost you an arma nd a leg and take forever to get a number back to you and for 20.00 you usually onlt get 6.00 dollars on the card. With entro pay you controil how much you want on the card and the fees are minimal. I hope this helps. I know I rambled on and hopefully you can make sense of this.

Posted by: CoachDirect 2008-12-19 06:33:23 In reply to: zeekzigler1
I CAN GET YOU BACK ON EBAY TODAY WITH LIVE SUPPORT!

Hello,

I wanted to let you know I can help you get back on ebay today!

As a sign of good faith, I am including part 1 of 3 parts of the "Get Back on Ebay" book in this email.

I purchased the #1 get back on ebay book in June of this year. I currently have 5 accounts on ebay and am selling many items every week! This book works! Anyone can do it! You can easily be back on ebay in a matter of minutes by following the techniques easily explained in this book!

But, one thing I needed in the beginning was some personal support. This was very hard to get and was outrageously expensive! I was charged $50 an issue! By 'issue' I mean that because this was all new to me, and I desperately NEEDED to get back on ebay, I wanted to do everything right and STAY on ebay. I have accomplished this and I want you to also!

You will learn how to open as many new ebay accounts as you need.
You will learn how to open as many new paypal accounts as you need.
You will learn what you did 'wrong' that got you suspended or banned.
You will learn how to change your ip address.
You will learn how to acquire a new address, phone number, credit card, merchant account, and more!

Here is my offer. I will email you this book and give you my instant messenger address all for $20. You will be able to get back on ebay and stay there!
Also, if you run into any 'issues', I'll be here to help you!

As a sign of good faith, I am including part 1 of 3 parts of the "Get Back on Ebay" book in this email.

There are many ways to mess things up and get suspended again! This book, and my coaching, will help explain and show you in more detail what ebay does to try and link your accounts and ultimately suspend you.

Don't let it happen again! Go to my website right now !

http://getbackonebaytoday.webs.com/

Posted by: Mamajama 2007-02-10 16:15:53 In reply to: zeekzigler1
Hey Fellas
Don't listen to this fool! You really think that eBay has no way of knowing or finding out who you really are. Unless you are in the Witness Protection Program or something, anything you do online can be traced back to who you really are. Go ahead, register a new account with a different name, address, whatever else you can think of, eBay has the ability to link it back to you. Now the individual reps may differ in competence, but most of the time the proof if right there, on their screen, spelled out for them. So the only reason you may have not gotten caught yet is either because someone wasn't paying attention or your account just hasn't come up for review.
Oh, and if you do get caught with a new account, with your old one still suspended, good luck ever coming back.
My advice to you guys that have been suspended, appeal, provide whatever info is required and you will be reinstated. However, if you were fraudulent in the first place, it would explain why you are here complaining about loss of your account, income, sleep.
Cheers

Posted by: tonysrus 2006-06-30 22:51:40 In reply to: zeekzigler1
zeek
call me tomorrow around noon eastern time im in NY
718 513 4024 ,,,my office # thanks

Posted by: tonysrus 2006-06-30 22:36:13 In reply to: zeekzigler1
do you mean mozilla firefox?

Posted by: jojokinkaid 2009-04-30 14:52:06 In reply to: tonysrus
There is a forum I found on the internet that is free, and helps with Ebay, PayPal, business and the law. Just post any question, the experts will answer it if it has not already been answered!

The forum has a lot of expert advice on it. http://www.modeeworld.com/forums I found advice there about how to avoid EBAY suspensions, get past PayPal limitations, also lots of detailed help on creating your own business, getting past trademark violations, VERO and lots more. Plus general advice on how best to sell on EBAY, what sells the best, how to get the best price for your product, really everything related to EBAY and internet business.

Also advice about how EBAY really works and how PayPal really works. The inside scoop.

Beautiful forum. I was made a moderator of the forum and I love it!

Posted by: tonysrus 2006-06-30 21:57:20 In reply to: zeekzigler1
dude,,,,
are you sure there is a website ... www.entrobay.com
i type it in i get nothing,,, do i need to download fire fox first?
thanks

Posted by: johnv3l 2006-01-20 15:17:09 In reply to: barry
Just my short story:
Of course I agree that it is difficult to get anything done from eBay. The support is not what we expect from a world class company. Though as the thread says they have a monopoly, so they can do what they want, but…
I bought a laptop. Afterwards I looked at the feedback of the seller more closely. This guy turned out to have an operation in Europe and was registered in China. The feedback was fabricated by member ID’s that had existed less then 30 days. The payment was to be done by bank transfer or Western Union only. I suspected fraud and wanted to contact eBay, which is next to impossible.
Reading this thread I found an email address md-at-ebay.com.
I wrote this person an short email with my findings and asked advice. To my surprise he wrote me back within 2 minutes not to pay anything just jet. 5 Minutes later I got a call from CR from eBay. He wanted more information, which I had already send to the support line at eBay (no reply of course from there) so I send him the same email.
2 Hours later I checked and the person was ‘no longer a member’. All the listings were removed and did not even show up in my ‘Item I’ve Won’ section.
My conclusion is that if you know the way you can get results.
My results came from this thread and it saved me almost $ 500.00 from a scam artist.
Thanks again…

Posted by: dcbsnrn 2006-02-25 17:44:48 In reply to: johnv3l
If you would be so kind...Do you remember the user name of the person who was operating out of Europe, and registered in China?
I have been on about 20 items that I believe to be Chinese antiques. Since the seller collects in GBP, the conversion to US dollars will be over $600.00. This seller was removed from eBay (and told me it was a mistake), yet I still have all the items in my winning items on MY EBAY. The seller continued to communicate with me and has since been reinstated to eBay and suggests I pay via PayPal to insure that I have buyer protection. This was in response to an email I sent to him expressing my concern. I would appreciate any information you can provide. I was planning on making my payment this weekend.
I will, however, wait until I hear back from you.
Thanks,
Diane C.

Posted by: drevil 2006-01-04 14:18:36 In reply to: barry
i have a comment, as i am still pissed off with the out come, these are all the emails with my proceedings, i dont know if this is the right area but please read and give me feed back, i would like 2 seek legal advice and such so any ideas would be apreciated!!!
1st email as u can see my repsonse r 1st, the 2nd part of all emails r the 1st part of the emails cheers
I hope this is a joke, I would like 2 speak to some one there as this is
unacceptable, $40 Aus dollars for glasses that i paid US $65.00
(Approximately AU $88.53), (the replacement cost is rrp Aus $229, i managed
to find another pair locally in Australia on ebay for $137 Aus), $20 Aus 2
ship the item to you for examination of the product, originally i was
intending to spend $130 Aus for this product, unfortuantley as the seller
did not use paypal i had 2 at my expense use an international money order
which cost me an additional $20 with registered post, as u can see my total
cost was approximatley with shipment 2 u, $170.00 Aus, now youre saying i
am entitled to a refund of $40 Aus ??? Why did i send back these glasses???
Why did i even make a claim if i am going to be out of pocket $130 Aus?????
So in total i have spent over $300 Aus for a pair of sun glasses that retail
for $229, ???? DOES ANY OF THIS MAKE SENSE???? Do you protect your buyers??
or let your sellers do as they please???
I am fuming right now, this is highly unacceptable..
I will no longer use EBAY, i will be closing my account after all the items
that i have bought recently have arrived.
This is extremly dissapointing, i have been shafted by a seller who has been
found at fault, and added insult to injury, been given a dismal sum of $40
Aus as compensation.....
I AM DISGUSTED and will never use your services again... If these are the
measures that you offer, then you have lost a vauled customer.....
I AM NOT WILLING TO LOSE MONEY EVER AGAIN USING YOUR SERVICES.....
It seems the seller won after all, and the buyer me, loses regardless....
Well enough said, i am way to angry to continue!!!
1st email
--- Original Message -----
To: "Sear" <apowers@tpg.com.au>
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:30 AM
Subject: SB FP91017 eBay Purchase Protection Claim 614592 found in your
favor (KMM199649619V34515L0KM)
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your cooperation during the investigation of Standard
> Purchase Protection Claim #614592. We are pleased to inform you that
> this claim has been found on your behalf.
>
> Maximum claim coverage is based on the final winning bid amount (up to a
> maximum of $400.00) less $25.00. Additional charges such as shipping
> and handling and or other fees are not covered.
>
> Based on this coverage, a claim payment will be issued within the next
> 45 days via PayPal in the amount of $29.66 in US dollars through eBay,
> Inc. This is the current US dollar equivalent of $40.00 AU. An
> additional $1.54 US will also be added to the payment as an offset for
> any potential fees associated with receiving the payment.
>
> Payment will be sent to you at the following email address:
>
> apowers@tpg.com.au
>
> Once the payment has been sent, you will receive a payment notification
> email from PayPal at the above email address. If you do not receive the
> payment on or before Friday, February 17, 2006, please notify us via
> email.
>
> We are sorry that you have had this difficult experience and hope that
> the Standard Purchase Protection Program has helped to alleviate some of
> the disappointment.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Sabrinah
> Claims Adjuster
> Standard Purchase Protection Program
> eBay Trust & Safety
2nd email
Thats fine, im sure your sorry that you cant further assist me, i wont be
accepting the reimbursment, and i will be seeking legal counseling...
thank you for what has been and absouletly pathetic experience...
----- Original Message -----
To: "JoBlo" <apowers@tpg.com.au>
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:48 AM
Subject: Re: SB FP91017 eBay Purchase Protection Claim 614592 found in your
favor (KMM199763479V7674L0KM)
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for writing eBay.
>
> The amount covered by eBay's Standard Purchase Protection Program was
> available to you before and during the claims process. You can review
> it again here:
>
> http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/tp/esppp-coverage-eligibility.html
>
> I am sorry I couldn't be of futher assistance to you at this time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sabrinah
> Claims Adjuster
> eBay Trust & Safety
3rd email
i am going 2 send an email that i have of your CEO and foward all our
dealings to him, this whole procedure is unaccpetable, i have done
everything u have asked me to in good faith an i have lost, but its ok as i
am on a forum which helps me 2 over come all this red tape that your company
obviously deals in...
Legal is not comming from your company, i will not be dealing with you
again!!!
----- Original Message -----
To: "JoBlo" <apowers@tpg.com.au>
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:56 AM
Subject: Re: SB FP91017 eBay Purchase Protection Claim 614592 found in your
favor (KMM199771603V11748L0KM)
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for writing eBay.
>
> I have closed your claim and requested the payment be stopped. If you
> wish to contact our legal department, please send your correspondence
> to:
>
> eBay Inc.
> Attn: Corporate Counsel
> 2145 Hamilton Avenue
> San Jose, CA 95125
>
> Regards,
>
> Sabrinah
> Claims Adjuster
> eBay Trust & Safety
> _____________________________________________
>
> Whether you're new to eBay or an experienced buyer and seller, the eBay
> Security & Resolution Center can help you protect yourself on eBay and
> online. For more information, please click the "Security Center" link at
> the bottom of most eBay pages.
>
> For our latest announcements, please check:
>
> http://www2.ebay.com/aw/announce.shtml
>
> 88584910 1/4/06
>
>
>
> Original Message Follows:
> -------------------------
>
> Thats fine, im sure your sorry that you cant further assist me, i wont
> be
> accepting the reimbursment, and i will be seeking legal counseling...
>
> thank you for what has been and absouletly pathetic experience...
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "eBay Customer Support" <rswebhelp@ebay.com>
> To: "JoBlo" <apowers@tpg.com.au>
> Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:48 AM
> Subject: Re: SB FP91017 eBay Purchase Protection Claim 614592 found in
> your
> favor (KMM199763479V7674L0KM)
>
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Thank you for writing eBay.
>>
>> The amount covered by eBay's Standard Purchase Protection Program was
>> available to you before and during the claims process. You can review
>> it again here:
>>
>> http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/tp/esppp-coverage-eligibility.html
>>
>> I am sorry I couldn't be of futher assistance to you at this time.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Sabrinah
>> Claims Adjuster
>> Standard Purchase Protection Program
>> eBay Trust & Safety
if any1 can shed light on this please help, i would like 2 seek legal advice on this 2.
i have done everything they have asked an i have been shafted :O(

Overstock.Com AUCTIONS is Better Than ANY Ebay Prices!
Posted by: overstock_com 2005-12-25 20:30:41 In reply to: barry
I found a really cool place that seems to be better than ebay in its pricing structure and has alot to offer it is called overstock.com and then once there click on the auctions tab, Copy and paste the link below into your browser for a place that has really good pricing well below wholesale on alot of quality products.
http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/auctions.cgi?PAGE=SEARCH&TYPE=4&BYSELL=valuecitymerchandise

Re: Overstock.Com AUCTIONS is Better Than ANY Ebay Prices!
Posted by: dawson212 2008-01-18 10:49:45 In reply to: overstock_com
whoever helped you section whatever has been removed???????

Posted by: VIPcontacts 2005-12-21 07:41:12 In reply to: barry
We have the contact information for EBAY - Executive contacts at the Office of the PRESIDENT of EBAY - We have Names, Telephone Numbers and faxes - We were suspended do to a virus that attached itself to our email address book and since we have EBAY emails as well, they received these SPAMs from the virus and we were unrightfully suspended
go to www.vipcontacts.com and the EBAY contact information is posted on the site

Posted by: Kathrine 2005-12-18 09:55:47 In reply to: barry
When I tried to change my email address, it said that since I was using a web based email address, that I had to identify my identity with a credit card, when I did they said, my card was already in use. Well, no shit really? maybe it has been used by me for the past 8 months I've been on Ebay since I'm just trying to change my email address?
I had done about 50 transactions and my feedback was 100% This does not matter to them. They decided after almost a month of me asking for help since thier program was glitched, to just suspend me instead. My auctions were shut down just as all of the bases were loaded, items I was bidding on displayed "auction incomplete ( or something) because high bidder is no longer a registered user, so administration shut it down. I guess sellers had to relist all of the stuff I'd won.
But I have the last laugh
My friend referred me to www.section9.i8.com and they got me back on in less than a day, YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: SICKOFITALL 2005-12-20 21:43:15 In reply to: Kathrine
I just typed a huge comment and got cut off and now I dont want to type it out again!!! Basically, what I was trying to write, is that I finally spoke to a live person and was told that the person I was speaking to was the absolute highest person I would ever get to in the company. I was denied a manager or supervisor..was told that he didnt have one. I was denied the mailing address to send a complaint letter, was denied his name..and told if I wasnt careful that he woudl remove my account himself. I called back and got a receptionist and asked her for her name, to which she responded, I dont think so..He got back on the phone and proceeded to tell me that I would never speak to anyone of any authority in that company and if I wrote a letter it would go to him anyway..HMMMM...does that sound CRAZY to anyone else?? He said he was Margaret Whitmans assitant..

Posted by: sellandship 2006-12-23 01:37:11 In reply to: SICKOFITALL
I understand what you are going through. I was suspended from ebay for the "unathorized copies" which was (BS) because I bought the dvds I was selling straight out and they were original. Anyhow, other ebay sellers, the powersellers, were selling the exact same thing and I told customer service that. All I got was that my account was suspeneded for a minimum of 7 days and I needed to fax my life away to prove who I was. Then I continued to fax them 3 times and yet they still stated that they did not recieve my fax. So I finally found the number to call ebay ( which live customer service will tell you that it doesn't exist) 1800-322-9266. I also got Anita (she is Meg Whitmans assistant) ext which is 67415. Teresa answered the phone and told me that they were out for the whole week and transfered me to Chet Ricketts of the Presidents Office. I told him everything and faxed him all of the doc's they wanted and he got it on the 1st try and took it over to the Trust and Safety Team and that night I was unsuspended. So I thought since I proved the item was not copies that I could sell it and by that night I was permanetely suspended. I then call Mr. Ricketts back and left a message and also with Mr. Chesnut in which I recieved an email from Mr. Ricketts stating that calling them will only hinder and prolong their decisions of reinstatement. I showed proof of ownership and proof of original dvds that I bought from a store. I have the numbers and extensions for a lot of the ebay contacts. Pierre Omeddiere extension is 67410 and his secretary's is 67411. Meg Whitmans email is meg@ebay.com her assistants email is anitag@ebay.com. I hope this helps with you and if you need any further information please feel free to ask.

Posted by: mickey2006 2006-12-29 22:36:33 In reply to: sellandship
I got suspened with an ambiguous reason "abusing ebay". Ever since then, I have been trying to contact ebay via live help, emails, using the "contact us" link, of course, none of those led to any response. What's ridiculous is that ebay over charged me money and now it just being quiet. I cannot find any of my transaction info any more, don't even know whether they have credited back the final value fees for unpaid items. What should I do to get to the bottom of this? Any help will be much appreciated.

Posted by: symphony 2005-11-25 08:01:27 In reply to: barry
Hi Barry,
Please add my name to your list. We must do something about this rotten company.
Tom Cosens

Re: Ebay's lack of customer support
Posted by: angelhairpast 2005-11-11 09:28:48 In reply to: barry
Who can I go To: Please, I have tons of money invested, I see so many hurting here, and I deeply empathize with you, Someone must have gotten through so far, I am praying so hard for Ebay to fall on its face, for what they do to others, I was just told, so sorry we can not help you with all your purchases you are supsended, call the police!! This is via email, ridiculous.
Yet I see those using snipers, for sneak attacks on bids, to win, I know of others who are shilling in the same home. They wont give me a reason, only that you have impeccable feedback. Yes from continuous hard work, I need someone who cares to write to now. I have contacte date Line tv, they emailed me back and said tell everyone to send in their stories, I Found Dateline, from one night watching on tv, a report how fraudulent ebay has been discovered to be, I need to know how to get my store up and running there is a way right??? Please dont let me down, who can I write to and beg, I am so disgusted, I have no income.

Posted by: hellogaby123 2005-11-14 08:31:21 In reply to: angelhairpast
I really feel for you. I have been suspended also and they do not reply to emails or letters. I reported them to Trading Standards (UK organisation) and they said they were not in breach of any Consumer Service Provision regulations by doing this!! If that is so what ever happened to the Customer is always right??
Try emailing this address "investigations@ebay.com" I did get a response within 1 hour when I emailed that address, although I do still remain suspended.
Hellogaby1230 - previous email seller name!

Posted by: wayne242424 2005-12-14 09:39:51 In reply to: hellogaby123
i think something should be done about ebay for black listing inocent people i have been blocked as they say i owe them money witch i do not i pay them by pay pal i have a good historey i would like to make a complaint as they are useless and never answer your email please help

Posted by: Biloxi 2005-10-21 06:33:54 In reply to: barry
Barry, I read your post with great interest,
because apparently your comments were made
in 2001, and this is 2005, and I am experiencing
the same disheartening lack of assistance from
eBay officials in the matter of sellers
committing fraud in cashing my checks, not
sending the items I paid for, and refusing
to refund my money. The sellers, in Georgia,
are totally outrageous, and keep their feedback
private, do a thriving business although there is no way to know how many other customers they
have defrauded. They are arrogant in their
refusal to pay, and although I sent them copies
of the checks of ours that they cashed, they still refused to pay and make off-the-wall
remarks. Because I didn't use PayPal or a
credit card, which eBay offers as a solution,
I have to ask why eBay doesn't take steps in
such a blatant display of open theft of a
buyer's funds while not providing the items
paid for or refunding the money. I am now
looking for agencies investigating fraud so
I can submit this report. These sellers give
a bad name to other eBay sellers who are
reputable and reliable. They ruin eBay
for bidders who have enjoyed good relations
with other sellers. They also get away with
fraud.

Posted by: caroleg 2005-11-02 19:31:33 In reply to: Biloxi
To Barry who stated they could not get a reply from eBay, here's the info.
Margaret Wittman, CEO,
eBay Inc
2145 Hamilton Avenue,
San Jose, CA 95125
Phone: 408-376-7400 Fax: 408-376-7401
I guarantee you she will answer your correspondence especially when you assault her abilities to conduct scrupulous corporate business.

Posted by: arubatan03 2005-10-04 01:37:31 In reply to: barry
barry how did you solve this and is there a phone number iam very frustrated same problem thanks jill

Posted by: jwarner327 2005-09-23 15:36:23 In reply to: barry
Barry, my name is Jennifer and yes, Im having the same issues with eBay right now. No responds to emails, had to fax in my life history, with nothing in reply. How did you get yours fixed and how long did it take?? Id really like to know, Im not the only one with these issues and it is crap. If you could please let me know what steps to take Id appreciate it.
Thanks,
Jenny Warner

Posted by: thisisbunk 2005-08-29 13:24:23 In reply to: barry
Thanks very much, Barry for the phone number. I am a long-time member of the press -- freelance -- with an online column. So I think they'll treat me with a little respect. Maybe not, of course. Unfortunately, too often, when they get the dough, they lose their humanity.
Sorry to hear about the problems particularly since I want to try to sell a few items -- and don't want to get stuck with a big bill if they don't sell. Thanks again -- phone numbers are hard to get these days, as are human beings!
Shirleycs@aol.com

Posted by: Chari 2005-09-16 08:05:35 In reply to: thisisbunk
I am dealing with Ebay right now over a fradulent seller. Because it is such a small amount. I keep getting the we can't help you. The person sells stuff and then doesn't send it or it is damaged. When I made a complaint she retaliated with a negative feedback and I can't get it removed without agreeing to a mutual withdrawel. My transaction was totally honest and this person has had 34 complaint made against her yet continues to be allowed to sell. It is so frustrating. I am going to try dealing with the corporate office though it sounds like from the post that it is not very productive. It is amazing that dishonest people can continue to rip people off and the honest people get no help.

Posted by: Biloxi 2005-10-19 12:05:20 In reply to: Chari
Chari,
I, too, am dealing with a fraudulent seller
who cashed my checks for five items and
didn't send the items. The only thing eBay
offers in their "do-nothing form letters"
was to file a Dispute, which I did.
I have been using eBay for many years and have excellent and perfect feedback, but after I was defrauded by this seller I discovered that they keep feedback on their auction private, and although they have negative and neutral feedback, you cannot read comments. I find this outrageous.
Also, although I have the cancelled checks
they cashed, and they didn't send the items,
they just kept my money, and then they had
the audacity to file a fraudulent Dispute saying I didn't pay for the items. eBay has been totally irresponsible and without merit in this case, and in the Disbute section this seller went to the extreme with brassy statements and insults.
They have obviously been through that many times and realized long ago that eBay maintains no standards nor values, and is only concerned with the money.
I am willing to go to government investigations to expose these illegal and fraudulent practices in eBay in order to protect other trusting bidders.

Posted by: rapture197 2005-09-23 11:22:54 In reply to: Chari
Hello if you paid with Paypal you can get your money back. we just had someone over seas do this to us and it is a horrible thing to do to someone but in your case this is not dishonest. If you paid via paypal and they did NOT use a tracking number to ship your package you can get your money back eventhough you didnt sign up for paypal insurance. We shipped a cell phone overseas and the guy was a jerk from the get go we know the guy got his phone but he turned us in to Paypal anyway and got his money back. Eventhough we told Paypal that we are not responsible for lost or stolen packages and to place insurance on your package they said they didnt care what our polices are when they placed a bid on our auction as long as we didnt put a tracking number on the package they can get a refund. So I asked Paypal if I wanted to file claims against people I bought from eventhough I got my packages and get a refund that I could. and they said YES i can. So file a complaint with payapl and you will get your money back.

Posted by: lc59 2005-05-17 09:21:46 In reply to: barry
Here is a phone number for ebay at their corporate office.
eBay Inc
2145 Hamilton Ave.
San Jose, CA 95125
Phone: 408-376-7400
Fax: 408-376-7401
I wish you luck.. IF THEY ASK HOW YOU GOT THE NUMBER, REMIND THEM THEY ARE A PUBLICALLY OWNED COMPANY....You can also write the new president billcobb@ebay.com The do reply.

Posted by: kawika 2006-07-05 10:49:02 In reply to: lc59
Thank you, for the inform.Ic59, it's a shame that
e-bay do not provide this information on it site.

More ebay contact numbers.
Posted by: josh6780 2005-08-20 07:34:12 In reply to: lc59
More ebay contact numbers. for you. Please give these numbers to everyone you can find. I want them flooded with calls.
Brian Burk - head of trust and safety..(This is the new guy. He likes to shoot first and ask questions later.)
phone - 408-967-6451
Steve Oglethorpe
soglethorpe@ebay.com
Fax # 408-967-9922
Michael Dearing
phone - 408-376-5195
md@ebay.com

Re: More ebay contact numbers.
Posted by: sweetshynes 2005-09-21 19:21:24 In reply to: josh6780
Hello;
I read your comment and the telephone number and I have been searching a week for it. Then I came across this awesome site and read your comment. I thank you very much for this post. I have been suspended from Ebay because a ebay powerseller sent me a bunch of junk jewelry and it wasn't even anything I bid on and won. Then he tells Ebay that he sent me exactly what I won. Ebay believed the powerseller and not me. The powerseller has been emailing me with threatening harrassing emails, has had me suspended and is totally lieing to ebay. I've emailed Ebay on numerous occassions without a proper response to my questions and because I'm now suspended they don't really seem to care that this Powerseller is using his status to harrass, threaten and abuse me through his emails. Thank you so much maybe talking to a live person will get me someplace. I'm from Canada do you know if there is a 1-800 toll free number for Ebay? Thank you so much for publishing this number! This number you published is a huge start. Now I can give it to some of my buyers and they will be calling too.
Sincerely,
sweetshynes

Posted by: firstfrontlin 2005-05-15 06:31:33 In reply to: barry
My ID on ebay is/was firstfrontline. I purchased over 350 items in about four months. I paid by Direct Deposit or PayPal within 48 hours.
One day (just before Christmas) two vendors requested that I handle the transaction off eBay and instead provide my PayPal password directly to them. They also requested my credit card details (as ID). When I refused I was threatened by the fact that I had purchased multiple items and hence would face multiple non payment strikes.
After sending all copies of the threatening emails as well as repeated requests for guidance from ebay, I received no response from ebay. After three weeks of waiting, I then began to send emails to eBay about their poor performance in providing customer service.
At around the same time my email inbox was inundated with emails from “ebay” stating that my account was being misused, there were fraudulent activities occurring etc... Naturally I was greatly distressed, but ebay remained silent and as I refused to give out my private details to two O/S vendors I received those strikes.
Recently my account was suspended - locking me out of the "my ebay" area. As a result I am currently unable to view an estimated twenty to thirty items that I have paid for (but not yet received) and probably a dozen items I had bid on and have likely won since the account was suspended. Ebay is preventing me from securing my property and is preventing me from paying vendors who are owed out standing amounts for items I have won.
Locked out from securing my property, denied the use of “goods not received” facilities, no ability to alter passwords or check on my account transactions and reports of miss use of my accounts and no contact (except three automated responses which had no connection with my requests) I am feeling very upset. So I try to call ebay – but no telephone numbers can be found on ebay. OK I will visit their offices and seek help, but their registered office is a post box. Who are these people at Ebay, Inc? What can I do?
As a consumer I see ebay as a very dangerous place to transact. My goal is to share my experience with as many people as possible. I am not merely dissatisfied: I am absolutely driven to warn people of the dangers of purchasing on the ebay system, and express the reckless attitude of Ebay, Inc. and their contempt for consumer rights.
Regards,
Gary
firstfrontline

Posted by: dreamweaver 2005-12-13 01:28:53 In reply to: firstfrontlin
Hi, I've also become increasingly frustrated by the lack of being able to a person. I got billed monthly for not putting anything on E-Bay, only used it a few times and decided that it wasn't for me. I send a letter with the payment to the P.O.Box address and although they did take the payment, they ignored my request to stop whatever was going on at their end to stop my account, so the monthly billing kept on going on.
So this could mean that by not getting any reply, I will in theory be in a position that I will have to pay E-Bay for the rest of my life......
In the meantime got several e-mails to tell me that my account was going to be suspended and tat m listings would be removed (which listings are they talking about???? I haven't had any listings with them for months!!!) to which I didn't react in the end as i didn't get any response from them. As several people also have found out, when you try to navigate their website, it's like a maze where you keep on coming back to nothing. Now they are threatening to sue me for GBP 8.55 read below what they send me and notice the bit behind the ***.........
Suspension Notice: Please pay your eBay fees today
*** Please do not reply to this notice as you will not receive a response.***
Your eBay fees of GBP 8.55 for your user account are significantly overdue, therefore your eBay account has been suspended. Your current listings have been ended and you are no longer a member of the eBay Community.
To re-instate your account, you must pay your eBay fees immediately. Please follow the 4 steps below:
1. Go to www.ebay.co.uk
2. Click 'Site Map' at the top of the page
3. In the 'Selling' section, click 'Make a Payment to Your Account'. Sign in if requested
4. Select a method to pay your eBay fees and follow the online instructions on the page
If you do not have access to your account or prefer not to pay online, please post your payment and state your account ID on the cheque with a copy of this notice to:
eBay International AG
c/o Citibank European Lockbox
P.O. Box 4341
Worthing
BN13 1WY
United Kingdom
If we do not receive your payment immediately, your details will be passed onto a debt collection agency if this overdue balance is the only reason for restricting your account. Please note that the collection agency will also charge you a proportionate and reasonable fee for the collection of the unpaid eBay fees. These fees will vary according to the amount owed and will be payable in addition to the outstanding eBay fees.
If you have already paid your eBay fees, please disregard this message.
Thank you,
eBay International AG
Followed by a whole lot of FAQ's on how you can pay THEM!
Has anybody out there had any similar problems when they wanted to close their account with E-Bay?

Posted by: djsher 2005-09-13 01:42:22 In reply to: firstfrontlin
I been through similar situation. About 2 month ago, w/out a reason E-Bay suspended my account. I've been a loyal member for 6 years with 100% rating. Since the moment I got the suspension letter I can't do anything. This is more like Tyranny, they came ou with a desicion to suspend you based on ???. They are not willing to disclose anything. I guess if I did something wrong, I have the right to defend myself as well as the US law claims a men is innocent untill proven guilty - I guess the ebay lawers are working outside the USA Federal law.
I Thought of placing a complaint on BBB site, what do you think?
What bothers me the most is who else is using that data and I don't want to become black listed.
Regards,
Sharon

Posted by: mistycoty 2005-09-29 20:03:29 In reply to: djsher
I have been notifide twice now that my Ebay account will be cancelled and that I may have certain financial liabilaties. The problem is that I have never used Ebay and have never had an account. I thought this was straighened out the first time. Two months later it sounds worse.
They said that they would find out how this happened and get back to me after the first time. I guess I got the answer. They don't care about identity theft. It would be nice to talk to a real person and get this taken care of, but I guess they don't care.

Posted by: BruinKat 2005-06-23 11:03:19 In reply to: firstfrontlin
firstfrontlin..so did anyting get resolved? I just had a similar issue and OMG am I pissed. I am at a loss as to what to do. Calling that number does nothing b.c the reps tell you they cannot help for shit.
Here is what happened..I'm copying and pasting from another forum where I bitched..
This is about an incident that happened and I am at a loss so I figured someone here would know what to do. I was on vacation. I have had a perfect record at ebay, 100% feedback, everything paid etc. I made some purchases on May 21st. I received one of those three items a couple of days later and then went on vacation May 25-31st. Upon my return I found the other two items in great condition. I signed on to post feedback when I had a message that my account had been suspended on May 28th without a reason. All it said was due to article x and y, for the safety of our customers and blah blah..so I check and I do not have any fees due, no bad emails, nothing wrong with feedback. I email ebay and ask what the problem is. They get back to me within 2 days. They tell me there is an issue with my Paypal account. So I contact Paypal. They tell me my account is in perfect condition and ebay was able to fetch my information. I email ebay again June 2nd and I Hear nothing. One week later I email again..still nothing..I contact live support on the ebay page. They tell me my emails have been received but they do not have access to safety harbor information and all I can do is email again. They tell me that they have fwd the issue to their supervosr..great. I email yet again and few days later nothing..finally a week later i contact yet another live help. They tell me the same thing. I am irritated and ask for a number. They don't have phone support. SO finally another email threatening to go to the BBB and still nothing! SO here I am 3 weeks later, no idea why my account was suspended, these idiots are not emailin me back and 5 emails later (4 of which have gone unanswered) and I have no idea what to do. Has this happened to anyone or can you offer any advice? It's ridiculous that they have not gotten back to me. I believe they made an error and i need to be compensated!
Oh first things..they claim the issue was Paypal was their error. That they were not supposed to send that email. This is so much BS. Is this even allowed? They are asking me for pretty much everything save my SSN and they are not even telling me WHY my account was suspended except to quote the section..that's not right. I really need a lawyer who can lend some advice..this is crazy! There is no way I am providing them with such info over a fax. I already wrote thema letter that they are in violation of HIPPA law and they need to tell me first and foremost WHY i was suspended, not what section was supposedly violated..
Hello,
Thank you for contacting eBay regarding the suspension of your account.
I reviewed our records and found that the response you received to your
last email communication was in error. Please read through this email
in its entirety for information on your account suspension and
instructions on how to appeal this suspension.
Your account was suspended under Section 9 of the eBay User Agreement.
The section is entitled "Breach" and states:
"Without limiting other remedies, we may immediately remove your item
listings, warn our community of your actions, issue a warning,
temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership
and refuse to provide our services to you if: (a) you breach this
Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference; (b) we are
unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or
(c) we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal
liability for you, our users or us."
In order for your account to be considered for reinstatement, it is
necessary that you complete all of the steps outlined below:
1. Read eBay's User Agreement. A link to the User Agreement can be
found
at the bottom of most eBay pages.
2. Provide information by fax that confirms your identity, allows us to
review your current business practices, and verifies that you have read
and understood the eBay User Agreement.
Please send all of the following:
- A legible copy of the front and back of your driver's license or
other
government issued ID.
- A copy of a recent credit card statement clearly showing the first
and
last 4 digits of the card number and your billing address as proof of
your registration information.
- Copies of manufacturer invoices or any other documentation showing
purchase or possession of items listed for sale prior to your account
suspension. This includes purchase records and related documentation
from suppliers and/or other third parties. If you have not listed any
items for sale within 30 days of your account suspension, you may
disregard the invoice requirement.
- A signed statement acknowledging that you have read and that you
understand the eBay User Agreement.
Please be sure to include the User ID and email address of the
suspended
account you're appealing. If your fax does not contain this
information,
it will not be processed.
The last step is to reply to this email with a brief message stating
that the information has been sent to eBay. Reviewing this information
may take us as many as two business days, after which time you will be
contacted by email. Contacting us during the review period to inquire
about the status of your account will result in delays.
Please fax the information requested above to:
eBay, Attention: B001 Appeals
Fax number: (801) 880-7018
For your security, any documents submitted will be destroyed after your
appeal has been reviewed.
Thank you for your time and cooperation."
Regards,
Nicholas
Investigations Team
eBay Trust & Safety
I mean wtf is that!? The only thing left to do now is email the president..what else??

Posted by: ianwright 2005-10-07 16:30:46 In reply to: BruinKat
Hi there, I was just curious as to how this all worked out. I am having exactly the same problem with eBay. Thanks

Posted by: sweetshynes 2005-09-21 19:36:18 In reply to: BruinKat
Hello;
I've been through the same situation just recently with Ebay. I'm a seller have been selling since April 2005 and have a feedback of 100% was almost at powerseller status then bang all of a sudden I get their email I'm suspended. All my listings taken off etc. Like what is that. Says that I was connected to another Ebay ID that I've never heard of or seen till they sent me their email. I've contacted them on numerous occassions, have faxed in the Sections 9 Appeal form not once but twice and have still heard nothing back except that I have to clear things up with the other Ebay ID. WEll how the hec can I clear up the issues for that Ebay ID when I've never seen it or heard of it and it's not my account. They also say that some of my sign up information is on that Ebay ID. So I email them and say there's such a thing as identity theft and anyone can use any information to sign up with Ebay. Still the fight continues. I even had some of my wonderful faithful buyers email Ebay in my defense and they have not heard a word. How can Ebay get away with this. And then they want me to pay my fees well excuse me like I'm going to pay fees for a service that has suspended me and especially because of the suspension some buyers won't pay me and I can't dispute this because of my suspension and I can't get my fees back. Like I'm paying a red hot cent to Ebay. How do they get away with all this. I sometimes think a bunch of people should get together pitch in and get a good lawyer and sue Ebay. Anyone game???? I'm in. Just think I bet there's a ton of people who would want to take Ebay to court. I know I would. Just a thought.

Posted by: markettrader 2006-10-20 16:48:18 In reply to: sweetshynes
Hi there
I too have got the identical problem as yours, I am related to an account that I have never heard about. I have explained to ebay that I am unable to get the previous account reinstated as I know nothing about it, I have asked for more information regarding the account and they will not give me any details of why that account was suspended, if somebody has stolen my identity sureley I have a right to know. anyway I have decided to take legal action against ebay,if you would like to join me you are welcome. Hope you get your problem sorted out I know exactly how you are feeling at this moment.

Posted by: dartanna 2006-02-05 15:41:20 In reply to: sweetshynes
Hi i have been suspended too did you get fixed up or not?? here is what has happened to me.
Ebay suspended my account last week.
Since then I have received numerous reasons as to why.
1. Associated with another suspended user account
This user account no2. they are referring to was suspended over 12 months ago, My account was regd before this account when they suspended no2 they email me and told me the no2 account was being suspended but mine was not as they valued me as a member of the ebay community etc etc.
2. Fees were over due for suspended account
They email me and tell me fees of 6.26 were over due and all of my active accounts have been suspended due to this and when I pay the over fee of 6.26 all of my suspensions will be lifted.
3. Incorrect contact information.
I had placed the registration in my business name ( I am a regd business with ABN) as I had seen many sellers do this. They said as my first and last name were not correct I was suspended and I had to rectify it.
4. Incorrect phone number(disconnected)
They tell me my account was suspended as my phone had been disconnected.
5. Associated with another suspended user account
Again
they tell me the reason is this one and as the no2was suspended mine is too.
MY RESPONSES TO THEIR REASONS.
1. Why did I get suspended 12 months later when they already told me mine would not get suspended just no2
2. I paid fees immediately
3. I emailed them and asked if it could be in my business name as I had seen other do same if not then please let me know what info they require. No reply just suspension, so I replied with all my contact info, name address, phone number.etc.
4. Yes my phone had been disconnected as I could not pay the bill so I told them that I also provided my mothers land line number who lives across the road and who has never ever had her phone disconnected or change of number. I also told them when I could afford to pay the bill I would and my phone number would remain the same.
My phone often gets disconnected as it is the least important bill, I am a single mother of 2 so my bills are paid in order of priority, the phone is something I can do without for a few weeks, so it is often getting disconnected from non payment,
I also provided my mobile number.
5. I emailed them again and asked what exactly I have to do to get reinstated. Why are they suspending me now after the other account has been suspended for more than 12 months???
My question is why did I get all these reasons?? I rectified every reason, then they say because of the other suspended account, why then 12 months ago did they suspend the other account but tell mine would remain active.
I don't understand it.

Posted by: eileenyan 2005-12-31 14:07:29 In reply to: sweetshynes
We experienced the same account suspension due to connect to some member we never heard of. We are still trying to appeal. It's been one month already, with no response from ebay. Did your situation get resolved?

Posted by: FightBack 2005-10-02 10:39:06 In reply to: sweetshynes
Hi<b>
<b> I read your posts and see things are just getting worse and worse at EBAY.
I have been selling on the Internet for many years. Before there was an EBAY, we used to sell antigues and collectibles in AOL chatrooms. People had a system of feedback just like EBAY uses, except you basically asked a price and dealt with people one on one.<b>
<b> I remember the day I got a letter from Pierre who everybody knew on the AOL chatroom boards, asking if I wanted to try his little auction service. This quickly became the mega EBAY!
At first it was a wonderful thing! We were getting top dollar for anything! It was all rich people(COMPUTERS COST $4000 back then) with no time to go out and look for stuff on their own, buying up collectibles on the net. You'd get personalized emails from Meg Whitman, Pierre, and other support staff.<b>
<b> There were some major flaws! You could leave feedback on anybody without buying something! You could leave hundreds of feedback to one person! Some psychotic people took full advantage of that!<b>
<b> Anyway EBAY slowly turned from being a balanced, fair company with regards to buyer/seller concerns to eventually a company, that, to make itself look good, projects an image that SELLERS are all scum, and BUYERS are all little angels who sometime's need EBAYS protection.<b>
<b> With that in mind check out this recent event...<b>
<b> I listed an Item that has a buy it now, if you wish to purchase it instantly. So it was with some surprise the next morning that I received a strange email asking me to sell the item outright, now?<b>
<b> At the same time there was a letter from EBAY warning me about the content of said letter. Basically asking me to please NOT take the person up on any offer because I'd miss out on all of EBAY'S NON EXISTANT SELLER PROTECTIONS. They(The letter writer) hadn't made an offer anyway, they wanted to know what I'd take right now, they also asked forpersonal info, my name, adress and phone number. This person had no feedback! Wrote in broken english, I did not for a second consider it a legitamate offer.<b>
<b> However I was a little annoyed to see EBAY must be READING our mail! This in my mind boldly breaks a ton of laws! And why aren't they suspending this persons account, instead of sending me deceiving letters begging me not to do it? <b>
<b> I decided to report this activity anyway and what happened next will shock you!<b>
<b> I recieved a letter from safe harbor with the following first paragraph...<b>
<b> "Thank you for writing to eBay's SafeHarbor Department about a SELLER who is offering to sell an item outside of eBay. This type of activity is a violation of our policy against Fee Avoidance. We will investigate your report as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours."<b>
<b>I cannot tell you the gamut of feelings that ran through me upon reading this! Form letter or not, accident or not, it sums up EBAYS attitude PERFECTLY! I have informed them that I intend to sue. Its not against the rules for a buyer to ask, its against the rules for a seller to take you up on it. Which I did not, I didn't even respond to the person! I have more respect for myself then to let some mega ego company bad mouth me! I don't care how many senators and congressman Pierre has bought off. I ask that you spread this letter all over the net until its jamming everybodies mailboxes! That, is how you'll stop this little FORMER Pez salesman from walking all over everybody like he's some Internet god!

Posted by: FightBack 2005-10-03 09:07:49 In reply to: FightBack
Follow up:
Called EBAY Monday. And received a letter that basically did not address any of my concerns, just a simple pre ordained, pre prepared with paragraphs letter that tells me they are investigating the potential buyer.
Nothing about my recieving a letter suggesting I, THE SELLER, had done something wrong.
Once I got the "ditz" and I'm being nice about it, on the phone, it took quite a bit of effort to get her to realize how this might be perceived as a problem. Her ultimate suggestion was to not report buyers because they just get a hand slap for stuff like this! "AND WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT IT FROM READING THEIR LETTER"
When did this become a communist state? Comrades?
She did say I was sent that letter in error, and I said "fine, please send me the correct letter I was supposed to get!" That IS THE LETTER!
On Ebay sellers are second class, and buyers "customers" are first class. Which Is an amazing attitude since "buyers" never pay EBAY a cent! We pay all the fees, we pay the listing, the final auction fee, we pay if they use a credit card.And for all this, if you call customer support you are told most SELLER concerns are not for that! Pretty much calling customer support is for BUYERS, TOO!

Posted by: vayney 2005-10-11 06:20:40 In reply to: FightBack
I have found the opposite to be true. I recently purchased an item off of ebay and I sent the seller a money order for 27.15. She was supposed to send me a video game. I gave the money order a week to arrive then asked the seller to let me know when the item would ship. No reply to my emails. I emailed her again. Still no reply. Finally I went through ebays item not received dispute resolution console. We went back and forth with the seller. She gave me a bogus tracking number I gave it another week. She said she would track it through the post office I gave her 2 days and closed dispute so I could file protection. Little did I know the actual item has to cost $25 dollars or more like $22 is not enough money??? Ebay does nothing. I told them about this they told me to contact the IFCC and USPS for mail fraud. Well I warned everyone who recently purchased anything from this seller but now my sent messages reached the limit so i can't contact anyone else or let them know what to do? I did file a report through the IFCC and USPS and I am going to file one through the attorney general about ebay and that particular seller. This is ridiculous. Some people got had for hundreds of dollars. I was lucky and only lost $27.

Posted by: Biloxi 2005-10-21 06:45:13 In reply to: vayney
Vayney, Please tell me as soon as possible how
to file with anyone who can take action against
the sellers who defrauded me, took my money, and didn't send the items. They are arrogant and rude, and eBay has done nothing about this other
than how they handled your case. In my case,
they won't pay because I have to present each of five items separately, and only one individually is over 25.00. I used the e-mail addresses given in one of these letters, and the information I sent was just forwarded to one of the persons who send the same form letter information.
I am thinking of filing with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General, and would appreciate any information you can give me as to other routes to take and whom to write about this seller and about eBay. I am outraged.

Posted by: mikedenney 2005-11-15 19:56:53 In reply to: Biloxi
Tonight I am pulling my membership with eBay. I did a Google search and found this site to harp on them, and hope I make a few friends out there who've had similar experiences...I won an auction, sent in a money order for $120.98 for a friend. Two days later (enough time for the 'seller' to cash for money order), eBay emailed me saying the purchase was 'null and void', pulled all their contact information from their servers, making it impossible for me to phone them and solve the problem. This 'seller' even had a top-listed ad that was highlighted and came up first when I was linking to the item I intended to buy! EBay had allowed the fraudulent person to register using a 'Yahoo' (unpaid) email address, so now they disappear without a trace. I'm closing my account, which had an impeccable rating, and saying good-bye to these bunch of frauds, who eBay knowingly hides behind their front of legalities. I am contacting my attorney general and registering a formal compaint against them; I think the best thing that's been done for awareness so far is this site! You guys need to start consumer fraud protection blogs online (that's an idea anyway). Feel free to respond to this post. I think buyers and sellers are both defrauded exponentially by eBay on an unheard-of basis daily, we just don't hear about it. I have lost over $150 in my 7-year membership with them, and countless hours trying to preserve my precious 'Feedback rating', which is a power-play eBay uses to back consumers into a corner and shut us up when we get too upset over getting ripped off. They never give adequate contact information to their offices to anyone, and make up false sender names to conceal the identities of their corporate hirees. The one I got tonight was supposed to be named 'Zed'. Right. Well, I'm back to contacting people online individually, so I hope everybody else out there is as nice as those positive contacts I've made through the years. Sorry, eBay...You're a bunch of thieves to should be held personally liable and responsible for everyone you've defrauded through the years. I just wish Janet Reno was still gunning for us...she'd knock 'em out really well, I think.
No one should have a monopoly on on-line corruption, which eBay has tried for years.

Posted by: shoklix2 2005-11-18 10:35:10 In reply to: mikedenney
Just a question: Given the numerous complaints I've heard about eBay, the fact that most of us have PayPal (which from what I heard has a good mediation system for trade disputes), and the alternative means by which we have to trade independent of this monopoly, do you all think it's feasible for us to maybe establish kind of a DEREGULATED (bad word, but I mean, independently-controlled) trading environment?
I just bought the eBay trading course from the Internet Marketing Centre. However, I've been unable to use it, since in order to verify your seller's status, you have to have a Visa or MasterCard. The card I established my PayPal account with (which is owned by eBay) only takes Visa and MasterCard. I don't want to get another card, and can't at this time, yet even though I'm a member of the payment process that eBay uses, they can't (or won't) verify my seller's status, either through eBay with my Amex, nor through cross referencing with their own selling process, of which I'm a member! That makes no frickin' sense!
I am really interested in this site, and what solutions we can come up with. My new community is supposed to be a free environment for this exact kind of thing, but eBay is making it very difficult for me to see the point in pursuing it (and I'm not even registered as a seller yet, much less having years of dealings with them.)
If still looks like a safe system, so long as you're vigilant to fraudsters ... but eBay itself seems to be a little obstinate to their clients'/customers' needs and problems.
Please e-mail me if anything progressive arises. In the meantime, I'm just reading and learning from some of these bad examples of eBay dropping the ball ...

Posted by: Quaybargains 2007-04-20 08:13:55 In reply to: shoklix2
I’ve been looking around the net for a while for stories such as these and there are not just thousands but 10’s of thousands of stories! I have my own nightmare stories about PayPal and eBay and just can’t believe that the authorities are just not interested. I recorded the conversations with eBay.
Here are the 3 voice recordings
1) the original voice recording with Malcolm at eBay power seller support; you will not believe the incompetence, lies and the drivel that comes out of this guy’s mouth. He states categorically umpteen times that eBay customer support WILL tell me what the suspension was actually for and as you can see from the conversation in the link (my story) above they refused to answer those questions. I copied the entire conversation with myself and Mandy Rogers from the eBay suspensions team and have posted it here:
http://auctions-united.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68
The conversation with Malcolm is here:
www.auctions-united.com/audio/malcolmjune22.mp3
2) The second telephone call to power seller support, this time it's Richard and Richard not only agrees that eBay’s system is wrong but also agrees that A) the automatic email eBay sends out to buyers does indeed make the seller look like a crook and that this is done on purpose. B) He openly admits that eBay as a standard practice procedure takes money from suspended sellers even though eBay are not owed that money, basically admitting that eBay use theft of seller’s funds as standard practice. If this recording doesn't make News at 10 I will be a monkie's uncle. Talk about absolute proof of eBay’s conspiracy to defraud and theft!
www.auctions-united.com/audio/aug032006-615pm.mp3
3) This is a recording from one of my customers that lost money and his attempt to talk to someone and get some kind of resolvement. This recording is 10 minutes long and you can listen to Phillip from the power seller support team be about as helpful as an umbrella with holes in a downpour. This recording is again proof beyond doubt that eBay have NO customer service and are not interested in serving their customers.
www.auctions-united.com/audio/aug032006-724pm.mp3
If you have had a problem with eBay and want to try and phone them then call using this number and the call will be recorded, you know it's recorded both ways but they think it is just recorded from their end and have no idea your call to them is recorded by you.
The number is: 07033 21 98 46
I use other Auction sites now, there are a lot of good sites out there like www.auctions-united.com or www.cqout.com or www.ebid.com or www.tazbar.com to name a few. Auctions-United pay you £25 every time you refer a friend and they have their own in house currency and no fraud, trouble is they are not very big in fact none of them are but as time goes on and these company’s get bigger then eBay will have to look at their customer service or they will lose millions of customers.
Personally I believe it is better to spread the risk and so I belong to about 50 odd different auction sites although the majority of my business now comes from the 5 I mentioned above. By belonging to more than one site it means every now and again each site gives me a sale but collectively I’m doing more business than I was on eBay.
Sorry if that went on a bit
Vinnie

Posted by: zeekzigler1 2006-04-21 09:12:54 In reply to: shoklix2
WOW!!!! There are sooooo many people that are fed up with Ebay as well!! My account was suspended 7 days for Shill Bidding, which I admitted to doing like an idiot!!! Anyway, it has been a hell of a time gettign anywhere!! I finally got a live person on the phone that couldnt do a heck of alot but it was better then the aletrnative. The number is 888-983-7666. Press option 3 and that will take you to an operator who will trans you to customer support. I hope this helps.

Posted by: art1 2007-01-31 14:08:47 In reply to: zeekzigler1
Hi,, I received a message from Ebay that I'm being investigated for shilling... I can't even respond until after 7 days...Has this happened to anybody else. The deleted all my items for sale and, I have payments pending with no way to contact my buyers...What are the penalties for this? Other people have access to the computer I use and, I understand that they don't care about that..Please help.

Posted by: SuSHi 2006-12-14 06:16:06 In reply to: zeekzigler1
im too lazy to read the rules before posting but...this seller from like nigeria tells me they paypalled me 950 bucks when the trans was only 750 and i told them l00 for shipping probably, person is probably not from nigeria i duno, but it smells scamm, they say they want the tracking number before they pay, i thought about givin them a bogus tracking number, i emailed them from whatever bogus yahoo email and some other weird thing let me go find it, contact_pay_verified@consultant.com i told both these addresses they were a scam and needed to paypal me first or eat crap, i stumbled across this thread looking for the ebay support number i was gonna tell them they are just kinda lame... or somthing i just like to call cx support and bitch for no reason at all really, i worked for 2 call centers as tech and customer support so its interesting how little they train these people who answer the phone just like they barley trained me to answer the phone, i worked for a service like paypal for a month it was authorize.net watch me get sued for posting this right, shrug, anyways, so ebay is a scam huh? well i need to find a better way to sell then because i cant work a regular penguin suit lemming walk off a cliff like the other zombies job, whats up? if anyone wants to talk about this crap in person or what not hit me up at highsushi at gmail dot com on msn ? lets talk about this crap and figure out what to do? we all need to join one chat room and all talk about this shit at once so it gets resolved or atleast we can have fun arguing about how ebay sucks! so, yes im done. thx.

Posted by: RAPUNZEL_01 2007-01-07 04:07:13 In reply to: SuSHi
just wanted to say I was banned from ebay also for schill bidding. I had my fathers home address on my account and was banned for that reason. I have to admit though I was schill bidding my fathers account never bidded on my items so they considered it schill bidding. I was a power seller platinum. I still owe them over 600 dollars in fees which I dont plan to pay until they reinstate my accounted even then im scared they can suspened me again for no darn good reason after I pay my bill. I relied on ebay for income, but now I cant.

Posted by: nononoe 2007-02-14 07:06:09 In reply to: RAPUNZEL_01
To Rapunzel_01:
Did you ever get re-instated?
Jump to:
When considering an online-only dealer to purchase an automobile, which is most important to you?
30-day low price guarantee
Comprehensive and verifiable vehicle inspection policy
Extended warranty protection plan provided by the dealer
Full money back return policy with no questions asked for at least a week after delivery
The dealer has many outstanding reviews, and few or no complaints.
I would not consider buying a vehicle from an online-only dealer.