Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Is Privacy Possible in 2020?

Re: Is Privacy Possible in 2020?
Posted by: Peter S. Vogel and Chelsea Hilliard 2019-12-28 04:25:12
See Full Story

The California Consumer Protection Act goes into effect in 2020, and other state and federal laws are on the horizon -- but is it possible that these state laws will really provide us privacy? How many readers take the time to read the privacy policy, or click agreement, when they download a new version of an app on their smartphone or tablet? Probably none. It is great to share our GPS location with the apps so they know where we are to give directions on maps -- or recommend restaurants, since the apps know our eating preferences, right?

Re: Is Privacy Possible in 2020?
Posted by: jymm 2020-01-01 03:57:05 In reply to: Peter S. Vogel and Chelsea Hilliard
Probably not. Google and a few others are on every site, tracking everything you do. Even sites that complain about Google, use Google tracking. There are ways to limit some of this, but never all of it. VPN's help, and there are Google analytic blocker addons, but none are 100%. Also your ISP knows pretty much everything. For an OS Linux Parrot OS with anon surf and TOR is the best I have found for privacy, but that comes at a cost, as some sites will not render correctly, or work at all.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.