Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: What Happens to Sprint if T-Mobile Merger Fails?

Re: What Happens to Sprint if T-Mobile Merger Fails?
Posted by: Jeff Kagan 2019-05-10 06:10:25
See Full Story

Sprint's best shot at success is to merge with T-Mobile. Without the merger, I see the company continuing to struggle as a weak player in the competitive wireless battle. Then again, this is nothing new. Sprint has been limping along for decades, for many different reasons. If this merger fails, will Sprint carry on as before? As a wireless analyst, I have been following Sprint for many years. I've attended its analyst meetings and listened to its changing plans. It always put a bright spin on things, the reality is that Sprint is in trouble.

Posted by: RMuffs 2019-05-12 08:00:05 In reply to: Jeff Kagan
I'm sure the vast army of slimy lobbyists at deep-pocketed AT&T and Verizon are doing everything they can to stop the merger of Sprint and T-Mobile. AT&T and Verizon are two “corporate bullies” that don’t want to see a stronger combined competitor fighting against them. It’s no surprise that the bullies seem to get nearly any acquisition or merger they want to go through. They constantly keep their lobbyists on the attack to sway politicians and regulators as they continue to serve up their high-priced wireless plans to suckers around America. Regulators are ignorant if they don't let this merger happen.

Posted by: EJGV1 2019-05-10 06:25:20 In reply to: Jeff Kagan
Good article. We have admired Sprint and it’s management for many years and believe Mr.Claure’s impact In bringing an aggressive entrepreneurial spirit to a somewhat conservative player was the most logical way for it to prosper; agree that TMobile stole some of the thunder from its
relaunch. Let’s wait to see what happens to the Merger and SoftBank’s moves.
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads