Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: eBay Bets on Marilyn Monroe

Re: eBay Bets on Marilyn Monroe
Posted by: Michael Mahoney 2001-10-14 14:17:26
See Full Story

Internet auctioneer eBay will be looking for more
than the usual exposure when it combines with its real world auction arm,
Butterfields, to auction
a series of five nude Marilyn Monroe photographs online in March.

Gartner Group analyst Robert Labatt told the E-Commerce Times that the Monroe auction will likely be a no-lose situation for eBay and Butterfields.
"It can't fail, because the PR spin that's been generated is achieving the objective of having more people aware of this sale, regardless of whether the sale is achieved over the Internet or not," Labatt said.

Re: eBay Bets on Marilyn Monroe
Posted by: CJ Wallis 2001-10-14 14:20:21 In reply to: Michael Mahoney
Wow...interesting. I would like to have someone tell me how to get in touch with Catherine Williamson, director of entertainment memorabilia for Butterfields as I have a Rare Poster size original Kodak photo of Marilyn Monroe for sale and would like to see how I go about selling it to interested people. If possible, please have someone contact me via email at walliscj@hotmail.com. Thank you.
Jump to:
How important is social media to the success of your business?
Highly -- Social media is essential to our business model.
Somewhat -- We do see benefit from social media, but without it our operations would continue.
Minimally -- We're on social media because that's expected, though it's influence on our success is negligible.
Not at All -- Social media is not useful to our business.