Instantly delete email threats for Office 365 » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Ground Zero for Electronic Fraud

Re: Ground Zero for Electronic Fraud
Posted by: Paul A. Greenberg 2001-10-13 16:34:38
See Full Story

When money is being exchanged, chances are that somebody sometime is going to cheat.
Unfortunately, that's the case whether the money is being spent for products, services or
philanthropic causes. The process of exchanging money electronically is ripe for fraud.

Re: Ground Zero for Electronic Fraud
Posted by: James 2001-10-13 16:38:42 In reply to: Paul A. Greenberg
I agree with the idea of the credit card scanners however I don't feel that they will take off immediately. I believe there is some type of principle that states that trends don't take off until enough people have taken that first step towards the new trend. In view of this idea I feel that unless the items are very inexpensive and user friendly they will not work therefore in order to promote the items and continue to promote e-commerce there should be free giveaways and discounts for users that vow to order a certain amount of itms from the internet within a certain time period. LOL Chew on this...
Jump to:
How important is social media to the success of your business?
Highly -- Social media is essential to our business model.
Somewhat -- We do see benefit from social media, but without it our operations would continue.
Minimally -- We're on social media because that's expected, though it's influence on our success is negligible.
Not at All -- Social media is not useful to our business.