Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Siri Needs an Attitude Adjustment

Re: Siri Needs an Attitude Adjustment
Posted by: Jeff Kagan 2018-12-05 14:10:26
See Full Story

You would think that a successful company like Apple would want to learn what ticks off its customers about its products and services, and then fix them. You would think that it would learn that its negative-thinking artificial intelligence assistant, known as "Siri," is ticking off users. Few people want to hear the opinion of a computer, especially when it contradicts their own opinion in a negative way. However, Apple keeps going its merry way without paying any attention to its products' users.

Posted by: rpd0423 2019-11-19 15:42:08 In reply to: Jeff Kagan
it kind of makes me wonder on the programmer's individual attitude. The Siri attitude for sure makes me dislike apple products even more. There is no reason for us to have to deal with such bad behavior. Do people feel it is funny when kids respond with an attitude that now they add that to the phone system? is the programmer the parent of a shooter? I wonder perhaps he sees this behavior as a reflection of his own...

Posted by: pebah 2018-12-05 14:13:12 In reply to: Jeff Kagan
Siri: If you say so, Jeff.
Jump to:
What was your initial reaction to news of the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack?
It demonstrates that all critical infrastructure sectors are at high risk of disruption by cybercriminals.
Everyone will be paying for this attack in the form of higher energy costs.
Governments need to work more closely with private industries to protect networks for the sake of public safety.
It's a global problem. An international alliance must be formed to hold the perpetrators accountable and prevent future attacks.