Instantly delete email threats for Office 365 » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: iPad Pro Wants to Be Your Next PC

Re: iPad Pro Wants to Be Your Next PC
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2016-03-25 10:45:39
See Full Story

When Apple unveiled its 9.7-inch iPad Pro earlier this week, it aimed the tablet squarely at the PC replacement market, with Phil Schiller, senior VP of worldwide marketing, describing it as the "ultimate upgrade for existing iPad users and replacement for PC users." More than 600 million PCs in use are 5 years old or more, he said. The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's 64-bit A9X processor rivals that of most portable PCs, Apple said, and it supports the Apple Pencil and a new Smart Keyboard cover.

Re: iPad Pro Wants to Be Your Next PC
Posted by: jescott418 2016-03-26 05:57:48 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Apple's biggest mistake about iPad's in enterprise is that its been about weak hardware or size. No the weakness is IOS and nothing else. If Apple had made a Pro line with OS X or the ability to duel boot Windows by way of a BootCamp like app. Or even just add mouse capabilities this would have made the iPad Pro more attractive. But instead its just a more powerful iPad Air with a pencil. From what I read from enterprise the iPad lost a long time ago to the Surface Pro. This is a device running full Windows and able to properly run most any enterprise software solutions. Even if you get developers on board with making apps.There is plenty of limitations to go with that development from Apple. iPad's make wonderful media consumption devices and provide a niche format for enterprise. But the iPad Pro line has not been anymore effective at solving the real problem with the iPad and enterprise. Apple just doesn't get it. They want enterprise to come into their system rather than the other way. That just won't happen.
Jump to:
When an operating system upgrade is released for your personal computer, how soon do you install it?
ASAP -- I like to have the latest software and security features as soon as they become available.
After a Couple of Weeks -- I wait a little while in case there are problems reported by first users of the new OS.
After One Month or Longer -- I'm skeptical of new software versions and want to be confident that bugs have been fixed.
Maybe Never -- If my computer is working, my view is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."