Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Amazon Echo: Get Your Uber Rides, Pizza Pies and Hit Music Here

Re: Amazon Echo: Get Your Uber Rides, Pizza Pies and Hit Music Here
Posted by: David Jones 2016-02-10 02:23:03
See Full Story

Amazon last week added Uber calling, Spotify listening and Domino's pizza ordering to its growing list of functions available to Echo's voice-activated speakers and Alexa software. Users need only to ask Alexa to call an Uber or an UberX, which is one of the various levels of the Uber private car service, to get a ride. Users can specify their location in the Alexa app's settings, then enable Uber in Alexa's skills section and link to an Uber account. New Uber users can get $15 off their first ride by using the 15Alexa discount code.

Re: Amazon Echo: Get Your Uber Rides, Pizza Pies and Hit Music Here
Posted by: jescott418 2016-02-10 02:28:06 In reply to: David Jones
Its funny how I see more and more stories on Echo all of a sudden. Yet the Echo has been available for some time now. Since Amazon releases no sales figures I wonder how some articles claim Echo is the next big tech device? They seem to be claiming everyone needs and wants a Echo. I for one do not see any need for such a device as I already have plenty of devices that can do what Echo does. This to me is kind of a device looking for a need and using the media to spur on interest. Like Siri on the iPhone I think over time it will be recognized as less of a useful tool then first thought.
Jump to:
What was your initial reaction to news of the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack?
It demonstrates that all critical infrastructure sectors are at high risk of disruption by cybercriminals.
Everyone will be paying for this attack in the form of higher energy costs.
Governments need to work more closely with private industries to protect networks for the sake of public safety.
It's a global problem. An international alliance must be formed to hold the perpetrators accountable and prevent future attacks.