Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Tablets Losing Ground to Big Smartphones, Light PCs

Re: Tablets Losing Ground to Big Smartphones, Light PCs
Posted by: David Jones 2015-10-31 12:30:26
See Full Story

Global demand for tablets continued a year-long slide, as shipments fell for the fourth consecutive quarter amid signs of market saturation in North America, Asia and Western Europe, IDC noted in a report released Thursday. Worldwide shipments fell 12.6 percent year-over-year to 48.6 million during the third quarter, according to IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Tablet Tracker. The installed base of tablets at the end of 2014 was 581.9 million, a 36 percent increase from the prior year, but there are signs that growth will slow down soon.

Re: Tablets Losing Ground to Big Smartphones, Light PCs
Posted by: WilliamClausen 2015-11-03 03:20:51 In reply to: David Jones
The installed base of tablets at the end of 2014 was 581.9 million, a 36 percent increase from the prior year??
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.