Instantly delete email threats with 365 Threat Monitor » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Many Product Searchers Skip Google, Go Directly to Amazon

Re: Many Product Searchers Skip Google, Go Directly to Amazon
Posted by: John P. Mello Jr. 2015-10-07 12:51:18
See Full Story

Amazon has become the first stop for nearly half of online shoppers researching potential purchases, according to a report BloomReach released Tuesday. Nearly half -- 44 percent -- of some 2,000 survey participants said they go directly to Amazon to search for products. That's a substantial increase from a similar survey Forrester Research conducted in 2012, when only 30 percent of consumers said Amazon was their first stop for a product search, BloomReach noted.

Re: Many Product Searchers Skip Google, Go Directly to Amazon
Posted by: jescott418 2015-10-13 05:06:31 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
As a Amazon Prime member it just seems rather obvious to search Amazon for a product I need. But I have to be honest, I don't think Amazon is always the best place to buy everything. I have found a lot of times Amazon is not the best on price even figuring in the shipping value of Prime membership. This is what happened to places like WalMart because they tried to instill that they were always the cheapest and then consumers realized that was not always the case. Google search to me has nothing to offer in shopping anymore. I also don't find Google as accurate in searches as it used to be. I see more ad based steering of results and actually find Bing many times to zero in better with results. When shopping I have a group of vendors for products I buy online and I generally just search through their storefront to find the best price. Occasionally I use a site like FatWallet for checking discounts. But generally those sites just have you jump through a lot of hoops for only a little more savings. Amazon certainly is popular now, but no telling how long it will stay that way.
Jump to:
How important is social media to the success of your business?
Highly -- Social media is essential to our business model.
Somewhat -- We do see benefit from social media, but without it our operations would continue.
Minimally -- We're on social media because that's expected, though it's influence on our success is negligible.
Not at All -- Social media is not useful to our business.