Instantly delete email threats with 365 Threat Monitor » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Playing Whac-a-Mole With Windows 10

Re: Playing Whac-a-Mole With Windows 10
Posted by: Jeff Kagan 2015-09-03 10:01:43
See Full Story

Autumn is coming, and it's time for county fair fun with candy apples, fried dough and the midway. You remember the game whac-a-mole? As the moles popped up through holes on the table, it was your job to whack them before they disappeared. Now, every time another Windows 10 reminder pops up on my screen, all I want to do is grab a mallet and start whacking! Message to Microsoft: This is my computer. Leave my desktop alone! This is not your marketing tool. What gives you the right to hijack my computer for your commercial messages?

Re: Playing Whac-a-Mole With Windows 10
Posted by: ECT-Comments 2015-09-07 01:34:08 In reply to: Jeff Kagan
From Control Panel, go to Windows Updates and uninstall KB3035583, which is what nags you to get Windows 10.

Once it is uninstalled, perform a manual "check for updates" and you will see that it is queued to be applied ago, so right-click and hide it.
Jump to:
How important is social media to the success of your business?
Highly -- Social media is essential to our business model.
Somewhat -- We do see benefit from social media, but without it our operations would continue.
Minimally -- We're on social media because that's expected, though it's influence on our success is negligible.
Not at All -- Social media is not useful to our business.