Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Amazon's Hot Sale Stokes Fire Phone Interest

Re: Amazon's Hot Sale Stokes Fire Phone Interest
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2014-09-09 22:06:57
See Full Story

Amazon on Monday dropped the price of its 32-gigabyte Fire Phone to a mere 99 cents from its original $199, with a two-year contract. The 64-gigabyte version now sells for $99, down from its launch price of $299. The offer is available exclusively for AT&T's network and includes a free year of Prime. Coming so quickly after the phone's July launch and the day before Apple was to debut its latest iPhone, the news raised more than a few eyebrows. Was the price cut in response to sluggish sales or was it a calculated step in a larger strategy?

Posted by: jvinny 2014-09-11 13:37:23 In reply to: Erika Morphy
"Hot sale", my foot! $199 to 99 cents in one step isn't a "sale" - it's a total capitulation! The product was basically a mistake from the beginning - just making it slightly easier for consumers to buy "stuff" from Amazon clearly wasn't enough of an incentive ... so the product simply DIDN'T SELL! Enough with the feeble attempts at spinning this debacle, okay?

Get over it, and move on ...

Posted by: gossippk10 2014-09-09 22:07:41 In reply to: Erika Morphy
When it will be available in Dubai.
Jump to:
How will the pandemic influence your holiday shopping habits this year?
I will shop online exclusively, for my own safety and to help limit the spread of the coronavirus.
I will do some shopping online, and some in-person because I want to support merchants in my area.
I will shop online definitely, and I will consider local retailers -- but only if they provide curbside service.
I will only shop in-person because the risks associated with e-commerce outweigh my chance of catching COVID-19.
I will not do any holiday shopping this year due to circumstances related to the pandemic.