Instantly delete email threats with 365 Threat Monitor » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Hackers Perfectly Time Largest DDoS Attack Ever

Re: Hackers Perfectly Time Largest DDoS Attack Ever
Posted by: John P. Mello Jr. 2014-02-13 01:36:52
See Full Story

"Very big NTP reflection attack hitting us right now. Appears to be bigger than the #Spamhaus attack from last year. Mitigating." That Monday evening tweet from Matthew Prince, the cofounder and CEO of CloudFlare, signaled what's being touted as the largest distributed denial of service attack ever launched on the Internet. The attackers leveraged a known vulnerability in the Internet's infrastructure to mount an assault on CloudFlare's data centers in Europe and the United States that reached bandwidths of 400 gigabits per second.

Posted by: hsigo 2014-02-16 04:54:15 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
These guys are doing it for fun. It has no commercial value to them at all. They even joke about it on twitter. Would tell you who but everytime I try to the moderators remove the post.

Posted by: hsigo 2014-02-16 04:50:44 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
Just incase you were wondering. The attack was carried out by DERPTrolling. https://twitter.com/DerpTrolling

Posted by: Quantumpcsupport 2014-02-13 04:45:44 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
I read about Denial of service attack in my Internet security paper in Masters. But no idea that it could harm us like that. Unethical IT professional doing such things and they should punish for such work.
Jump to:
How important is social media to the success of your business?
Highly -- Social media is essential to our business model.
Somewhat -- We do see benefit from social media, but without it our operations would continue.
Minimally -- We're on social media because that's expected, though it's influence on our success is negligible.
Not at All -- Social media is not useful to our business.