Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Facebook May Be Poised to Push the E-Commerce Button

Re: Facebook May Be Poised to Push the E-Commerce Button
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2012-07-02 23:24:34
See Full Story

Facebook is rumored to be testing a Want button that would be similar in look and function to its now ubiquitous Like button. The feature was spotted by developer Tom Waddington, who published the button's code on his blog. Such buttons already exist -- but they have been developed by third-party brands to serve retailers eager to maximize exposure on Facebook's Timeline. One example is a button
developed by a company called "Want." It counts among its users The Sharper Image, Ron Jon, and DNA Footwear.

Posted by: onlinestorehelp 2012-07-03 16:47:29 In reply to: Erika Morphy
I think this is the wrong route for Facebook to go. Most of the hosted carts already provide the ability to showcase your online store on your fan page. Why would a busy entrepreneur want to have to update two or three different platforms. Facebook is better off trying to monetize the third party applications either through a revenue share or a yearly developer fee. The only time I think this works is for someone that doesn't want a full time store, but then again, if people want a shopping mall, they go to Amazon.com and eBay.

Posted by: Mohamed_Rabia 2012-07-03 00:10:31 In reply to: Erika Morphy
I like facebook because it make the global in small Village, and this is a great think that would simply be part of the general social media landscape, observed and situated alongside the user's general status updates.
Jump to:
Which of these technology gifts would you most like to receive?
Portable Power Charger
Remote Video Monitoring System
Smart Speaker
Smart Thermostat
Smart Watch
Streaming TV Player
Video Doorbell
VR Gaming Headset
WiFi Signal Booster
Wireless Earbuds / Headphones