Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Activists Pressure Amazon Into a Change of Heart

Re: Activists Pressure Amazon Into a Change of Heart
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2012-05-25 21:10:39
See Full Story

Faced with a public rally outside the venue for its shareholder meeting at the Seattle Art Museum on Thursday, Amazon announced it would withdraw from a conservative business group and improve workers' conditions at its warehouses. The protesters wanted Amazon to quit the American Legislative Exchange Council, which they accuse of violating lobbying regulations and pushing a variety of objectionable legislative proposals. They also demanded that Amazon improve working conditions at its warehouses.

Re: Activists Pressure Amazon Into a Change of Heart
Posted by: ergon 2012-05-25 21:24:11 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
That would be fine for Amazon to take care of, as worker in warehouse are also important for it's business. Online Shopping Store.
Jump to:
Which review rating influences you most when researching a business?
5 Stars - I want to know what others found amazing.
4 Stars - I want to find out why it's liked for the most part, but not without faults.
3 Stars - I want to understand why the business is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.
1 Star - I want to know why anybody says they are completely dissatisfied with the business.