Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Google Digs Up Old Direct-Sales Nexus Strategy

Re: Google Digs Up Old Direct-Sales Nexus Strategy
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2012-05-17 01:38:43
See Full Story

Two years after its initial attempt to sell Nexus smartphones directly to consumers flopped, Google is apparently trying to revive the strategy. This time, though, it's added a few new touches. It's going to work with up to five device manufacturers at a time to create a portfolio of Nexus-line devices that include smartphones and tablets, and it will sell direct both through its website and possibly through some retailers, according to a report.

Re: Google Digs Up Old Direct-Sales Nexus Strategy
Posted by: ricegf61 2012-05-17 04:35:54 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
I bought my wife a Google Nexus for Mother's Day (at the new $399 price), and she loves it. T-Mobile has been very supportive of our penchant for buying 3rd party phones - the local store helped her enable 4G on her Nexus, and their phone support even helped me resolve a configuration issue with my beloved-if-aging Nokia N900 a couple of years ago.

Plus, our non-contract data plan plus phones cost less over 2 years that the contract price with "free" phones.

It's a better way to do mobile.
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in