Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Women in Tech
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Namecheap Slams GoDaddy for Dragging Its Feet With SOPA Walkouts

Re: Namecheap Slams GoDaddy for Dragging Its Feet With SOPA Walkouts
Posted by: John P. Mello Jr. 2011-12-28 13:26:10
See Full Story

GoDaddy, the Internet's largest registrar of domains, would like the world to forget it ever supported the much-maligned Stop Online Piracy Act now before Congress. Namecheap, the second largest registrar, wants to make sure the world never forgets it. In recent days, the domain registering titans have clashed over GoDaddy's on-off support of SOPA. GoDaddy has withdrawn its initial support of the legislation aimed at protecting intellectual property from being pilfered by pirates on the Net, but that hasn't stopped Namecheap.

Did GD actually drop support or . . .
Posted by: farmerbob 2011-12-28 13:30:54 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
. . . do as they usually do and just tell us what we want to hear? And yes, they are that dumb to think that they could continue their support in the background thinking we'd never find out. I want certified proof. AND no rate increase on the 16th. Namecheap is looking very good about now.
Jump to:
How will the pandemic influence your holiday shopping habits this year?
I will shop online exclusively, for my own safety and to help limit the spread of the coronavirus.
I will do some shopping online, and some in-person because I want to support merchants in my area.
I will shop online definitely, and I will consider local retailers -- but only if they provide curbside service.
I will only shop in-person because the risks associated with e-commerce outweigh my chance of catching COVID-19.
I will not do any holiday shopping this year due to circumstances related to the pandemic.