Get the most out of your email and SMS marketing with Drip » Free Trial
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: The Best Cellphone Network for You Is ...

Re: The Best Cellphone Network for You Is ...
Posted by: Jeff Kagan 2011-09-20 00:49:46
See Full Story

Which cellphone network offers the best service for you? Simple question. The answer is a lot more complicated. When we walk out of the house each morning, we make sure we take our wallet, our keys and our wireless phone. We don't leave home without them. Our phone is our connection to our world. However, all networks are not equal. Some are better and some are worse... Consumer Reports publishes an annual report that tries to help us answer this question. It looks at individual carriers in indidivual states, and it also offers a big-picture ranking on a nationwide basis.

Prepaid is it!
Posted by: Reagle 2011-09-25 10:55:18 In reply to: Jeff Kagan
I find it interesting how little notice the big carriers have given to prepaid until now, missing out on a huge sector of the market. Prepaid is by far the better choice with today's economy, coming in cheaper than contracts, and allowing you the freedom to switch plans depending on (uncertain) circumstances. As far as handsets go, the basic and cheap ones are still available, but mostly marketed towards the tweens and seniors, who need something user-friendly and affordable(my dad's SVC phone only costing him $15, and his monthly minutes even less). There are now a number of feature and smartphones available to prepaid, but still affordable, with unlimited plans to accompany them. In my opinion, prepaid is the way to go, offering most of what the big carriers offer, at a fraction of the price. Time for AT&T and Verizon to play catch-up with the likes of Tracfone and Boost!

For seniors
Posted by: Suranwells 2011-09-20 02:44:58 In reply to: Jeff Kagan
For a senior who really doesn't want much from a phone, it certainly does only boil down to US Cellular, and Tracfone's SVC brand. US Cellular might have the better on service (apparently, as I've not had to revert to mine), but at the end of the day, tracfone remains slightly cheaper, and has by far better coverage than the US Cell...if you stay within range of their towers.
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.