Instantly delete email threats for Office 365 » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Me-Shopping: Design Your Own Products

Re: Me-Shopping: Design Your Own Products
Posted by: Vivian Wagner 2011-08-16 17:39:12
See Full Story

Visual product configuration software is increasingly allowing consumers to design their own products, from shoes to tattoos, before purchasing them. The ability to design-before-you-buy gives consumers a sense of power and independence -- and it's also just a lot of fun. "People enjoy the build process itself," said Ryan Clark, a sales manager for Big Shot Bikes, which allows customers to create their own customized bicycles online. "People love tinkering around on our site."

Customizing Products
Posted by: jumaakhalfan 2011-12-22 04:16:42 In reply to: Vivian Wagner
I Believe it is a great idea because people nowadays like to customize their products according to their tastes and choices. It will be a big advantage for E-business owner to adopt this idea.

Great Article!
Posted by: cmagar 2011-08-16 17:44:20 In reply to: Vivian Wagner
Well done! This article is a great addition to those that report on the growing trend of mass customization. I love that it points out that people not only customize because they want the product to be a certain way, but also because it's actually *fun*. That's an important driver when you have to wait due to on demand production.
Jump to:
How important is social media to the success of your business?
Highly -- Social media is essential to our business model.
Somewhat -- We do see benefit from social media, but without it our operations would continue.
Minimally -- We're on social media because that's expected, though it's influence on our success is negligible.
Not at All -- Social media is not useful to our business.