Instantly delete email threats for Office 365 » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   I'll believe it when I see it . . .

See Full Story

The Federal Communications Commission has declared war on the practice of telecom carriers surreptitiously nickel-and-diming their customers through a practice called "cramming." This refers to those nagging mystery charges that pop up on many consumers' telephone bills -- some 20 million people all together, the government agency has estimated -- that range from 99 cents to $19.99 or even more. They are vaguely worded or inconspicuously placed -- or both -- but the bottom line, no pun intended, is that consumers are charged more than they should be.

I'll believe it when I see it . . .
Posted by: farmerbob 2011-06-22 14:22:12 In reply to: Erika Morphy
The FCC has yet to really do anything positive since Martin left other than say that they will. If they pull this off, having to act on it first, good for them and now let's continue on with all the other things that you said you were going to do. Like first getting our house in order and then putting the telcos in the place the divestiture was meant to do. Not allowing the recombination of these spin-offs to their former glory.
Jump to:
How important is social media to the success of your business?
Highly -- Social media is essential to our business model.
Somewhat -- We do see benefit from social media, but without it our operations would continue.
Minimally -- We're on social media because that's expected, though it's influence on our success is negligible.
Not at All -- Social media is not useful to our business.