Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Wireless Health: What's in It for Doctors?

Re: Wireless Health: What's in It for Doctors?
Posted by: Jeff Kagan 2011-04-28 13:01:54
See Full Story

After listening to countless companies' exciting ideas, I have come to the conclusion that the new wireless health sector has the potential to grow into a booming business within the next five years. The question is, how much am I willing to bet? The potential is there, but can we clear the path? Depending on whom you ask, it is either coming on strong or it is going nowhere. Both sides are firmly convinced they are right. The truth is that something has to change, and I'll explain why. There is a roadblock I want to tell you about.

Wireless Health
Posted by: mitchroth 2011-04-28 13:08:28 In reply to: Jeff Kagan
Jeff, I think the idea that doctors should work extra hours for no extra income is not the point. Say I have a recurring sore throat and I need to have more antibiotics . I saw the doctor last week. I could go online and speak to a PA or an administrator who could relay the message to the doctor. I would expect a small office e-visit fee to be charged rather than free. But it would be still cheaper than another office visit and re-check charge. There are many ways for the e-commerce doctor's office to create a revenue stream at lower cost to the patients and insurance companies. If CVS Pharmacy can have a doctor or medical person on staff for some hours, the doctors offices with many partners in it can make it work online as well. Outside the box thinking is needed.
Jump to:
Which of these technology gifts would you most like to receive?
Portable Power Charger
Remote Video Monitoring System
Smart Speaker
Smart Thermostat
Smart Watch
Streaming TV Player
Video Doorbell
VR Gaming Headset
WiFi Signal Booster
Wireless Earbuds / Headphones