Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: AT&T Sees T-Mobile Merger Through Rose-Colored Glasses

Re: AT&T Sees T-Mobile Merger Through Rose-Colored Glasses
Posted by: Jeff Kagan 2011-04-22 01:40:27
See Full Story

The AT&T, T-Mobile merger is getting lots of attention. Arguments on both sides make sense, but only one side will win. Which side are you on, and why? Have you thought it through? I am not saying this deal shouldn't happen. What I am saying is that AT&T is only looking at the reasons for and not the reasons against -- and that is creating a lot more pushback. AT&T customers seem to like the idea. They like that this will give them better quality and reliability and service. Customers of other carriers, if they have an opinion, seem to dislike it.

Not duopoly
Posted by: Jethrob 2011-04-22 02:10:51 In reply to: Jeff Kagan
I'm a simple pensioner, with a simple svc phone. It makes use of AT&T's network, and that's fine cause it works. I pay cheaply because tracfone pays AT&T cheaply, it's simple. When T Mobile disappear, so do the only other company that provides GSM. Giving AT&T a monopoly on all GSM in the country. The scenario will possibly be called a duopoly regarding nationwide option on service, but GSM is very much in the driver's seat globally - this market can only go one way, and my svc phone plan is not likely to get any cheaper.
Jump to:
Which of these technology gifts would you most like to receive?
Portable Power Charger
Remote Video Monitoring System
Smart Speaker
Smart Thermostat
Smart Watch
Streaming TV Player
Video Doorbell
VR Gaming Headset
WiFi Signal Booster
Wireless Earbuds / Headphones