Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Groupon rocks!

See Full Story

Social shopping site Groupon clearly had bigger aspirations in mind when it spurned Google's $6 billion acquisition offer last year. The company is in discussions with Goldman Sachs about going public -- at a $25 billion valuation -- according to a Bloomberg article citing unnamed sources in the know. The plans are not final, and Groupon could decide to hold off if market conditions are not deemed to be favorable. However, the talks reportedly are advanced enough that the company is looking at a tentative filing in the spring. Twenty-five billion dollars is an eye-popping figure, even for a hot tech company.

Google's $6 billion acquisition offer last year
Posted by: rasmus_refer 2011-05-11 21:07:04 In reply to: Erika Morphy
The google offer of $6billion to aquire groupon created a bubble in the market means people started whispering that if a company like google is willing to pay $6b then there must be more to it for them that created a buble in the market and valuation increased on IPO . meanwhile i would recommend you to another deal site thats very comprehensive i.e. http://www.masterseek.com Masterseek's global search engine provides quick and free access to, among other things, company profiles, contact information, and descriptions of products and services from more than 45 million companies in 75 countries.

Groupon rocks!
Posted by: cogrep 2011-03-19 21:32:57 In reply to: Erika Morphy
Seems like every time were hear a valuation for Groupon, it doubles! $25B is high but I wonder how much higher it can go. The group buying concept is going to be around for awhile people (like myself!) love deals and that's not going to change. :)

I started LocalDealSites.com , a guide to over 130 Groupon-like daily deal websites and lets you filter by city so you can see which sites have offers in your area. http://www.localdealsites.com/
Jump to:
Which of these technology gifts would you most like to receive?
Portable Power Charger
Remote Video Monitoring System
Smart Speaker
Smart Thermostat
Smart Watch
Streaming TV Player
Video Doorbell
VR Gaming Headset
WiFi Signal Booster
Wireless Earbuds / Headphones