Instantly delete email threats with 365 Threat Monitor » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: New York Times Puts Foot Down, Pay Wall Up

Re: New York Times Puts Foot Down, Pay Wall Up
Posted by: Mike Martin 2011-03-18 09:47:57
See Full Story

The New York Times' management is hoping the second time's a charm with a decision to charge for online news access starting March 28, Non-subscribers will be allowed to read 20 articles per month for free, while print subscribers will get full access at no additional charge. "Hooray for The New York Times ! It's about time that the days of free content come to an end," said Patricia Vaccarino, managing partner at Xanthus Communications. The unlimited access subscription fees appear to be app-based: Non-print subscribers will pay $15 per month for a smartphone app; $20 per month for an iPad app; or $35 monthly for both.

I seldom get any newspaper stuff.
Posted by: brentpieczynski 2011-06-20 04:15:40 In reply to: Mike Martin
The reason why I seldom read newspapers is that I do not have the time. This adding of a price tag will not cause me to start me reading that newspaper because the cost I'm concerned with is time.
Jump to:
How important is social media to the success of your business?
Highly -- Social media is essential to our business model.
Somewhat -- We do see benefit from social media, but without it our operations would continue.
Minimally -- We're on social media because that's expected, though it's influence on our success is negligible.
Not at All -- Social media is not useful to our business.