Instantly delete email threats with 365 Threat Monitor » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Connecting With the Future of Online Ads

Re: Connecting With the Future of Online Ads
Posted by: Keith Regan 2001-09-07 11:55:41
See Full Story

Want to see the future of online advertising? Among other things, it looks just like
something you would find on your TV set.

"We're already seeing (online) ads look more like TV commercials, and that's only going
to continue," Denise Garcia, research director for media at GartnerG2, told the
E-Commerce Times. According to Garcia, that trend is great news for online media
properties and others who rely on advertising dollars.

Posted by: Charlene 2001-09-11 11:31:56 In reply to: Keith Regan
I already hate the pop-up and pop-under windows. I will not click on anything that interfers with what I am doing on the internet. I know I am only one but I am one that all those type of advertisers will not reach. If the streaming videos start interferring then that will be even worse. I don't even watch the Flash presentations at the begining of an information site. Why would I want that type of ad to pop up without my having clicked through to them.

Posted by: david Matias 2001-10-13 13:18:37 In reply to: Charlene
Sorry in my previous email I said I have agreed with Keith. What I meant is that I have agreed with Charlote.

Posted by: David Matias 2001-10-13 13:10:32 In reply to: Charlene
I am exasperated of those pop up adds. the funny thing is that as soon as they pop up in my screen, I just know one place I have not look at.

Advertirsers should know that people that use the net are normally, people with specific interests.
I would like to see a sort of www just for advertirsers, where people could go and search for whatever they are interested for.
Keith I am with you ,and not only you and my but millions of people think the same.

Posted by: Mich 2001-09-18 16:27:02 In reply to: Charlene
Dumb. Typical "I want everything for free" short sightedness that undermines the internet. If companies can't make money on the internet they will abandon it.

Posted by: Alan 2001-09-08 08:50:50 In reply to: Keith Regan
Your Jack Daniels example undermines your argument that "advertisers want to understand how to interrupt the user." Advertisers need to understand how to ENHANCE the experience for the user. By creating an online game on an online gaming site, Jack Daniels is building a relationship with the consumer by adding value to the experience.
Jump to:
How important is social media to the success of your business?
Highly -- Social media is essential to our business model.
Somewhat -- We do see benefit from social media, but without it our operations would continue.
Minimally -- We're on social media because that's expected, though it's influence on our success is negligible.
Not at All -- Social media is not useful to our business.