Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: The Enterprise Architect: White Knight or Wallflower?

Re: The Enterprise Architect: White Knight or Wallflower?
Posted by: Dana Gardner 2009-05-25 13:33:03
See Full Story

The role of enterprise architecture has never been more important, and never have IT departments had to be as responsive to the businesses they support as now. So how are enterprise architects perceived in a daunting economic recession, as saviors or door stops? During a recent panel discussion, at The Open Group's 22nd annual Enterprise Architecture Practitioner's Conference in London, England, this question was probed. "Resisting Short-term Thinking: Rationalizing Investments in Enterprise Architecture During a Recession" uncovered surprising insights.

So many words, so little time
Posted by: kevinleesmith 2009-05-25 13:46:32 In reply to: Dana Gardner
Please do not think I am pushing a product....

Knowing what EA is and how to do it is so simple it hurts.

Actually doing it is extremely difficult partly due to the fact that people with brains the size of a planet spend endless hours talking about it.

I have not ready anything new about EA in the last 7 years.

That is, until I created PeaF.

It seems to me that the one thing our profession is responsible for is our constant appetite to discuss things to death.

What is needed is a simple pragmatic description of what EA is, what it is not, and how to do it in a simple no nonsense pragmatic way.

This is what PeaF does.

I would suggest its time to stop debating EA to death and to unite in one simple pragmatic framework which is designed to get organisations using it rather than designed to inflate peoples ego’s and show how super intelligent pan dimensional beings we are.
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.