Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Google Shaves 200 From Global Sales and Marketing Divisions

Re: Google Shaves 200 From Global Sales and Marketing Divisions
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2009-03-31 21:53:40
See Full Story

Google is laying off about 200 staff worldwide in its sales and marketing organizations. The announcement was made in a blog post written by Omid Kordestani, the online search giant's senior vice president of global sales and business development. In his post, Kordestani said Google's rapid growth led it to create overlapping organizations in some areas which duplicate effort and complicate the decision-making process. "That makes our teams less effective and efficient than they should be," he said.

Google named Brand Loser after job cuts
Posted by: sloane888 2009-04-01 05:49:52 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
In the post that went up last Sunday night, branding expert John Tantillo named Google the Brand Loser for last week...asserting that "The times when sales or profits are down is the time when you most need marketing."

This and other brief news coverage I've read, though, does suggest that they're just cutting sales and marketing related to radio ads and that, as one article put it--they're not cutting the fact, there'll just be less meat to eat. In which case, I suppose the Brand Loser is really the companies that will be cutting back on advertising. Tantillo's full post: http://blog.marketingdoctor.tv/2009/03/29/brand-winners-and-losers-social-networking-and-google.aspx
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.