Instantly delete email threats for Office 365 » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Up With Big Ads, Down With Pop-Ups

Re: Up With Big Ads, Down With Pop-Ups
Posted by: ECT News 2001-07-31 10:49:38
See Full Story

Memo to online advertisers: Keep pushing the envelope, as long as it's in the right
direction. Yes, you're going to make some people unhappy as you take up more of the screen
with your Web ads. But even with larger advertising in place, the ads on the Internet are
still a far less intrusive than television ads that hit viewers smack in the middle of
a show.

Besides, those same people complaining about the ads aren't ready to pay for content, so
bring on the ads. Just make sure they don't pop up.

Re: Up With Big Ads, Down With Pop-Ups
Posted by: Megan Batcher 2001-07-31 11:14:38 In reply to: ECT News
RE: Pop-up Ads, I am a Graphic artist and I'm constructing my website offline, so I've been considering this issue. I would have to say that I will probably go with a Pop-up for certain ads and if I have to use any ads on my pages I will use very small ones at the bottom of the page. Pop-up ads can be clicked off and they go away, other ads sit there blinking and flashing at you. Because my site will be centered around my graphics I don't want anything to distract from the visual focus of my work or my products. In designing my own ads I am making them noteworthy but not intrusive, i.e. no animations, flashing or blinking. I think part of the problem with either type of ad is in the design, if the ad graphic is really well done people will want to look at it instead of being annoyed by it. Advertising should be attractive, not distracting. Thanks, Megan
Jump to:
How important is social media to the success of your business?
Highly -- Social media is essential to our business model.
Somewhat -- We do see benefit from social media, but without it our operations would continue.
Minimally -- We're on social media because that's expected, though it's influence on our success is negligible.
Not at All -- Social media is not useful to our business.