Get the most out of your email and SMS marketing with Drip » Free Trial
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: SEM and the Small Biz: Desperately Seeking Success, Part 1

Re: SEM and the Small Biz: Desperately Seeking Success, Part 1
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2009-02-11 10:47:57
See Full Story

For a long time, small businesses were reluctant to embrace the latest in search engine marketing and other online advertising tactics. The SEM industry was unable to deliver to this group of typically local-interest, cost-conscious companies what they wanted the most: a means to assess how their investments were performing. "Small businesses are a skeptical bunch. For years, they relied on the Yellow Pages for their traffic," said David Glaubke, director of corporate communications with ReachLocal.

SEM and the Small Biz: Desperately Seeking Success, Part 1
Posted by: ForrestBivens 2009-02-11 14:04:07 In reply to: Erika Morphy
I'm amazed at the foot dragging when it comes to using Adwords/PPC advertising. Per the previous comment from Erika Murphy...Yellow Pages? (see my eyes roll) Not only are Google Adwords & Analytics great tools to measure split-testing, they have the capability to measure all aspects of any sales funnel. You'd think small businesses would JUMP on this & the ability to proactively control day to day advertising costs. I guess skepticism is much stronger that I give it credit. Times change, get updated or get left behind.
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.