Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Daily Cybercrime and Security Report

Re: Daily Cybercrime and Security Report
Posted by: ECT News 2001-03-19 09:47:50

See Full Story

If you do business on the Internet, you cannot afford to be uninformed about the dangers
and pitfalls that cybercrime poses. The following is a daily survey of the latest cybercrime
news from around the world.

LA Times: Report Finds US Tax Returns Were Vulnerable to Hackers

15-Mar-01 17:41:33 ET

Re: Daily Cybercrime and Security Report
Posted by: Paula 2001-03-19 09:56:54 In reply to: ECT News
It amazing that consumers have so much to say about cyber crime....especially when they are so
unwilling to cooperate with the e-tailer when it comes to security issues. As I said previously
I work for an internet company that makes it a point to do a secuiry check for any credit card order whose information on the order does not match what the credit card company has on file.
Most of the time people are happy that we take the time to contact them to ensure that they placed the order however we have many customers who are livid that they woulds have their order delayed for what they refer to as "an unimportant proceedure"....Mind you these are the same customers who will have a flying fit if
they received a charge on their card that wasnot theirs...I wonder why?
Jump to:
What was your initial reaction to news of the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack?
It demonstrates that all critical infrastructure sectors are at high risk of disruption by cybercriminals.
Everyone will be paying for this attack in the form of higher energy costs.
Governments need to work more closely with private industries to protect networks for the sake of public safety.
It's a global problem. An international alliance must be formed to hold the perpetrators accountable and prevent future attacks.