Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: The Prepaid Phone Trafficking Web of Crime

Re: The Prepaid Phone Trafficking Web of Crime
Posted by: James B. Baldinger 2008-12-29 06:57:30
See Full Story

Cell phone trafficking operations siphon millions of dollars from the wireless industry and its customers every year. Until recently, little could be done to fight back, but a vigorous counter-attack that has yielded several victories in federal courts across the country is beginning to turn the tide and help the wireless industry put a stop to a spreading epidemic. Cell phone traffickers have created a complex network of individuals and companies in the U.S. and around the world that steal subsidies from wireless companies used to lower the cost of their phones for legitimate customers.

Re: The Prepaid Phone Trafficking Web of Crime
Posted by: jamieyoak 2014-08-12 12:08:19 In reply to: James B. Baldinger
In my opinion, the victims of the lawsuits are the customers as well as the parties being sued. Many of them can not even afford good lawyers or are elderly. I do not feel the the entire truth has been told. No one except for the lawyers seem to believe that a crime has taken place. My heart goes out to the victims of these law suits.
Jump to:
How will the pandemic influence your holiday shopping habits this year?
I will shop online exclusively, for my own safety and to help limit the spread of the coronavirus.
I will do some shopping online, and some in-person because I want to support merchants in my area.
I will shop online definitely, and I will consider local retailers -- but only if they provide curbside service.
I will only shop in-person because the risks associated with e-commerce outweigh my chance of catching COVID-19.
I will not do any holiday shopping this year due to circumstances related to the pandemic.