Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Getting a Good Privacy Policy

Re: Privacy Policies: The Good, the Bad and the Witty
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2008-12-23 07:43:12
See Full Story

Lorrie Thomas does not "sell, share or whore out" the personal information of any visitor who comes to her Lorrie Thomas Web Marketing site -- and she backs up this no-share promise in her privacy statement. Indeed, the entire document is a straightforward description of what the company will and will not do with personal data. The firm's policy over sharing its information -- and with whom -- was the greatest concern among clients, Thomas told CRM Buyer, "so I decided to be as blunt as possible to get my message across."

Getting a Good Privacy Policy
Posted by: CarolynHodge 2008-12-23 10:45:43 In reply to: Erika Morphy
I wanted to offer another excellent option to help companies write an accurate and readable privacy policy--TRUSTe (full disclosure I am VP of Communications) We have helped thousands of companies over the past ten years including many of the companies you list like Microsoft. Also readers should note that beyond simply writing the policy the business has a burden to ensure that it maintains practices that are consistent with that notice. TRUSTe also provides help with monitoring and dispute resolution to help prevent serious privacy lapses and events. Another thing to consider.
Jump to:
What was your initial reaction to news of the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack?
It demonstrates that all critical infrastructure sectors are at high risk of disruption by cybercriminals.
Everyone will be paying for this attack in the form of higher energy costs.
Governments need to work more closely with private industries to protect networks for the sake of public safety.
It's a global problem. An international alliance must be formed to hold the perpetrators accountable and prevent future attacks.