Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: If You Don't Have Customers' Trust, You Won't Get Their Money

Re: If You Don't Have Customers' Trust, You Won't Get Their Money
Posted by: Marc Williams 2008-12-22 12:55:48
See Full Story

The current economic environment has consumers tightening their purse strings, carefully scrutinizing each dollar they spend. Scaling back on expenditures, including investments, they're not taking any chances with the money they do have. There is little trust in the economy or the future. To get consumers to open their wallets, online businesses must be able to instill this sense of trust. And to add insult to injury, as we wait until recent economic events finally play out, we may even see double-knots on those purse strings.

Trust leads to success, but...
Posted by: singingpiggy 2008-12-22 13:18:23 In reply to: Marc Williams
I think that a lot of people are confused about where to put their trust. Extended validation is new, and still not implemented by every browser, so it's baffling a lot of consumers. "So...if I *don't* see the green url bar it means I'm not protected?" Well, no, not exactly, you could just be using a non-EV browser. The real advantage of EV is that the website has been reviewed and held up to a set of highly draconian standards before the issuing of the certificate. The green url is for the consumer's benefit. I think it's a great idea, but, in short, for it work properly we all need to jump on the EV bandwagon. Most criticisms against it have involved complaints about the green url not showing up everywhere -- a problem that can easily be remedied with across the board implementation. I could see this becoming the new de rigueur security tool for ecommerce site, if properly accepted.
Jump to: