Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Law and the Internet, Part 2: A Little Help From the Pros

Re: Law and the Internet, Part 2: A Little Help From the Pros
Posted by: Paul Korzeniowski 2008-10-20 06:25:24
See Full Story

Self-promotion: Some would say that lawyers excel at it, but when it comes to actual advertising and marketing, a lot of them can be a step or two behind other businesses. "In the 1960s, my dad -- who was a lawyer -- sent a note to a client telling him to call if he had any questions about a certain issue," Adrian Lurssen, Director of Communications at JDSupra.com, told the E-Commerce Times. "One of his colleagues questioned the letter because it seemed like the firm was inappropriately soliciting new business."

Web-Based Virtual Law Offices Run By Licensed Attorneys
Posted by: VLOTech 2008-10-22 13:30:52 In reply to: Paul Korzeniowski
Web-based Virtual Law Offices (VLOs) are a way for licensed solos and small firm attorneys to practice law securely online. This emerging trend should be included in the article.

A completely web-based virtual law office (VLO) is a professional law practice that exists online through a secure portal and is accessible to the client and the attorney anywhere the parties may access the Internet. A VLO provides attorneys and clients with the ability to securely discuss matters online, download and upload documents for review and handle other business transactions in a secure digital environment. The software is a hosted, software as a service product.

Virtual Law Office Technology (VLOTech) sets up VLOs for attorneys nationwide. Some practice law completely online and others combine the VLO with their traditional brick & mortar practice.

I am the co-founder of VLOTech and I have been practicing law online with my web-based VLO for the past three years. The public is very eager for attorneys to provide this method of obtaining legal services. I published a free ebook entitled, Practicing Law Online: Creating a Web-Based Virtual Law Office, which anyone may download and read here: http://www.vlotech.com/ebooks/PracticingLawOnline.pdf It discusses the technology and ethics considerations with this unique form of practicing law. Expect to see more VLOs and virtual law practices emerging across the country.
Jump to: