Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Google Search

Re: Cymax Stores: The Little Online Furniture Shop That Could
Posted by: Jeff Meisner 2008-09-17 12:33:35
See Full Story

Finding a quality television stand on the Internet should be pretty easy in this day and age of Google and Amazon.com, but back in late 2003, it wasn't. Especially if one lived in Vancouver, British Columbia, like e-commerce entrepreneur Arash Fasihi did. That's because even as late as 2003 -- years after Amazon.com and other e-tailers started shipping consumer goods all over the world -- Canada was still far behind in its e-commerce evolution. Most Canadians didn't buy their furniture online. That gave Fasihi, a 33-year-old Iranian immigrant, an idea.

Google Search
Posted by: paul_roberts 2008-09-17 12:38:20 In reply to: Jeff Meisner
Very interesting, especially that $48mil isn't that large anymore for an e-tailer. I would be curious to see what Cymax and others are doing to stay at the top of Google and Yahoo's organic search results. When I search for "TV Stands" and "TV Stand" on Google, I actually see a site, http://www.thesimpletvstandstore.com that shows up above Cymax in the organic... an article comparing search engine techniques and the effects they have on these businesses would be fascinating to read.

Thoughts?
Jump to:
What was your initial reaction to news of the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack?
It demonstrates that all critical infrastructure sectors are at high risk of disruption by cybercriminals.
Everyone will be paying for this attack in the form of higher energy costs.
Governments need to work more closely with private industries to protect networks for the sake of public safety.
It's a global problem. An international alliance must be formed to hold the perpetrators accountable and prevent future attacks.