Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: AOL's Time May Be Up

Re: AOL's Time May Be Up
Posted by: Tim Arango 2005-09-15 09:07:00
See Full Story

In a deal that would unite two of America's corporate giants as partners in the Internet business, Time Warner is in advanced discussions to sell a stake in America Online to Microsoft. According to two sources familiar with the matter, Time Warner is in talks with Microsoft about selling the stake in AOL and then combining it with Microsoft's Web unit MSN.

Re: AOL's Time May Be Up
Posted by: mitrich 2005-09-15 09:10:19 In reply to: Tim Arango
I could not care less about AOL; but I do care about the new Netscape 8 browser. So, the questions for me are just who owns the browser, AOL, or the team in Canada who are producing it; and what will happen to Netscape 8?
Jump to:
What was your initial reaction to news of the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack?
It demonstrates that all critical infrastructure sectors are at high risk of disruption by cybercriminals.
Everyone will be paying for this attack in the form of higher energy costs.
Governments need to work more closely with private industries to protect networks for the sake of public safety.
It's a global problem. An international alliance must be formed to hold the perpetrators accountable and prevent future attacks.