Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Online Advertisers Turning to Pay-Per-Call

Re: Online Advertisers Turning to Pay-Per-Call
Posted by: David Koenig 2005-09-11 18:19:07
See Full Story

Pay-per-call advertising could be especially powerful for local businesses that have ignored the Internet, including those that don't even have a Web site, its advocates say. Like with pay-per-click, keywords are auctioned with pay-per-call, but instead of a link to click, the ad directs the user to the telephone. In one version, the user calls a special number that is forwarded to the advertiser's regular phone. In another, users type in their phone numbers and get a return call from the merchant. Either way, the advertiser is billed for the referral.

Re: Online Advertisers Turning to Pay-Per-Call
Posted by: joemas 2005-09-11 18:30:00 In reply to: David Koenig
You probably should let people know of the lack of development of ppc w/ ignacio (sp?) . I signed up about a year ago, they have very little web presence. There recent aol deal exposes them to low dollar purchasers. I requested a seperate category for IRS representation ( a very hot growing group of professionals ) , and they declined. They want to lump all CPA's under the same heading. Their thinking is archaic. When my $50. runs out, which is taking a while, I'm done. In the meantime I pay between 1K and 2K monthly to yahoo and google for adwords. If you do know when a GOOD ppc company will come on line please let me know. www.taxproblem.org
Jump to:
What was your initial reaction to news of the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack?
It demonstrates that all critical infrastructure sectors are at high risk of disruption by cybercriminals.
Everyone will be paying for this attack in the form of higher energy costs.
Governments need to work more closely with private industries to protect networks for the sake of public safety.
It's a global problem. An international alliance must be formed to hold the perpetrators accountable and prevent future attacks.