Instantly delete email threats with 365 Threat Monitor » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Website Development Contracts, Part 2: Who Owns the IP on Your Site?

Re: Website Development Contracts, Part 2: Who Owns the IP on Your Site?
Posted by: Peter S. Vogel & Chelsea Hilliard 2020-06-13 09:04:10
See Full Story

When entering into website development contracts, the more you know, the more likely you will be able to avoid common pitfalls. It is your website, but ownership of the intellectual property on the site is not always apparent or obvious. When you engage an information technology vendor to build a new website you probably expect that you will own the IP in the end product. Unfortunately, that may not be the case. IP laws are somewhat complicated and can vary by state, as can the type of IP involved.

Thanks for the detailed article on IP address.
Jump to:
When an operating system upgrade is released for your personal computer, how soon do you install it?
ASAP -- I like to have the latest software and security features as soon as they become available.
After a Couple of Weeks -- I wait a little while in case there are problems reported by first users of the new OS.
After One Month or Longer -- I'm skeptical of new software versions and want to be confident that bugs have been fixed.
Maybe Never -- If my computer is working, my view is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."