Instantly delete email threats for Office 365 » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Will Data Localization Kill the Internet?

Re: Will Data Localization Kill the Internet?
Posted by: Peter S. Vogel 2014-02-10 12:26:54
See Full Story

In the wake of revelations that the U.S. and UK governments regularly monitor private communications, a number of countries are considering a new type of law called "data localization." In the simplest of terms, data localization laws would require that businesses that operate on the Internet -- including ISPs, companies with data operations, and cloud services that control and maintain digital data for business and individuals -- store that data within the country where the businesses are located.

Re: Will Data Localization Kill the Internet?
Posted by: famullar 2014-02-10 13:10:44 In reply to: Peter S. Vogel
What is becoming clearer all the time is how inflexible the EU is, but more so the elite that run it. They have their own way of determining the path of the EU and reject anything that gets in the way of their vision.
~
Instead of responding to problems with the design concepts of the EU, the elite fall back on what is in effect an unchanging barrier to being more effective. They refuse to adjust their vision - "Problem," they say, "What problem?"
~
The EC was never fit to be the EU executive.
Jump to:
When an operating system upgrade is released for your personal computer, how soon do you install it?
ASAP -- I like to have the latest software and security features as soon as they become available.
After a Couple of Weeks -- I wait a little while in case there are problems reported by first users of the new OS.
After One Month or Longer -- I'm skeptical of new software versions and want to be confident that bugs have been fixed.
Maybe Never -- If my computer is working, my view is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."