A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Is Amazon a Robber Baron or a Robin Hood?

Re: Is Amazon a Robber Baron or a Robin Hood?
Posted by Richard Adhikari on 2014-10-23 12:29:53
See Full Story

Amazon's tactics in its ongoing battles with content publishers are fast becoming a bone of contention. The company has delayed distributing content from companies it's tussling with over content price points or its cut of the take. It's been steering customers to other publishers, at times overtly. Amazon's actions have split the authors' community and given rise to speculation that it might perhaps be getting too powerful for comfort. Economist Paul Krugman this week penned a column likening Amazon to the robber barons of old.

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: Is Amazon a Robber Baron or a Robin Hood?  Richard Adhikari  2014-10-23 12:29:53
Re: Is Amazon a Robber Baron or a Robin Hood?  MikeCoville  2014-10-23 12:42:08
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.