Transforming Strategies in the New Energy Landscape » Watch the On-Demand Webinar
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Using Social Networking for Business Collaboration

Using Social Networking for Business Collaboration
Posted by jscarpelli on 2011-04-22 13:23:26
In reply to Sidney Hill
The article makes several good points, especially with regard to the effectiveness of social media in enhancing business to consumer relationships.

Our company is an early adopter of TIBCO's tibbr product with its use focused on global collaboration within the organization. Toward that end we see conversations occurring daily that bring immediate value to our company and that will result in additional value to our clients. Certainly, we could have had these conversations via email or SharePoint; however, I estimate the probability of their occurrence in our environment and the speed and value of the responses to be considerably lower.

The article is correct that most business-focused collaboration products come with a significant price tag. The industry analysts I have spoken to about how one establishes an ROI for these products, to a person, has said that the financial estimate usually falls short of the real thing since the range of value that can be associated with a single, expressed idea is extremely wide and difficult to predict. Consequently, we will evaluate the cost effectiveness of our purchase and support on both quantitative and qualitative criteria.

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: Is 'Social' Business Collaboration Just an Expensive Fad?  Sidney Hill  2011-04-22 07:45:02
Using Social Networking for Business Collaboration  jscarpelli  2011-04-22 13:23:26
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Which of these tech skills will provide the best career opportunities during the next five years?
Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality
Blockchain
Cloud Computing
Cybersecurity
Data Analytics / Data Science
Digital Marketing
Edge Computing / Internet of Things
IT Support
Mobile or Web Application Development