Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: YouTube May Jump Into Online Movie Rental Stream

Re: YouTube May Jump Into Online Movie Rental Stream
Posted by Ryan Nakashima on 2009-09-10 17:03:27
See Full Story

YouTube, Google's online video streaming service, is in talks with Hollywood studios to rent new release movies online, according to people familiar with the talks. The move follows similar deals by Apple's iTunes and others. A final deal would be contingent on pricing and an agreed-upon release date, said the people, who spoke on condition of anonymity because discussions were still ongoing. The move takes YouTube one step away from an ad-supported business model, but does not break the mold of other online rental deals.

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: YouTube May Jump Into Online Movie Rental Stream  Ryan Nakashima  2009-09-10 17:03:27
Streaming online movie  MatteH  2009-10-13 03:46:20
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

How will the pandemic influence your holiday shopping habits this year?
I will shop online exclusively, for my own safety and to help limit the spread of the coronavirus.
I will do some shopping online, and some in-person because I want to support merchants in my area.
I will shop online definitely, and I will consider local retailers -- but only if they provide curbside service.
I will only shop in-person because the risks associated with e-commerce outweigh my chance of catching COVID-19.
I will not do any holiday shopping this year due to circumstances related to the pandemic.