A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Malware or functioning malware

Malware or functioning malware
Posted by howiem9 on 2008-12-14 08:40:52
In reply to Jordan Robertson
A PC can have tons of malware, but if none are executed then they are just harmless clutter. Security scanners detect both the unexecuted and the executed malware, so just what did this study detect? The article gives no indication that anyone has been ripped off using a wire transfer shop. The article gives no advice to the user. The author seems to be confused about the definition of a virus - a virus does not steal information. I do agree that this can be a serious threat to those who have no other means of transferring money abroad,but this article does not prove that it is an actual on-going threat. It appears to be more intended to scare people than an objective discourse.

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: Study: Wire-Transfer Shops Are Cesspools of Malware  Jordan Robertson  2008-12-14 08:25:43
Malware or functioning malware  howiem9  2008-12-14 08:40:52
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.