A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: YouTube's E-Commerce Play: Watch It, Click It, Buy It

Re: YouTube's E-Commerce Play: Watch It, Click It, Buy It
Posted by Jeff Meisner on 2008-10-08 15:52:05
See Full Story

Search engine giant Google has taken yet another step in its effort to monetize YouTube, the online video portal it acquired for $1.65 billion about two years ago. Now, YouTube users can click on advertisement links leading them to products offered for sale at online outlets like Apple's iTunes store and Amazon.com. Here's how it works: Say you're watching a Feist music video and get the sudden urge to own the song. Beneath the usual rate and share options, you'll find direct links to Amazon.com and iTunes where you can purchase a download.

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: YouTube's E-Commerce Play: Watch It, Click It, Buy It  Jeff Meisner  2008-10-08 15:52:05
Music execs don't get it  ddevin  2008-10-08 16:16:55
YouTube Story  sbroomfield  2008-10-08 16:08:59
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.