Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: A Future Without Work?

Re: A Future Without Work?
Posted by: Denis Pombriant 2016-03-17 19:57:56
See Full Story

Periodically, a blatantly silly idea gains currency, spreading throughout society, and it has one of two effects: Either it scares the heck out of people, or they become enraptured with its seeming plausibility. Last week, The New York Times published a piece titled, "A Future Without Jobs?" I thought it fell into the silly category. There has been a great deal of speculation lately about dwindling job prospects as automation has replaced many blue-collar jobs and is now threatening white-collar jobs.

Re: A Future Without Work?
Posted by: famullar 2016-04-02 08:52:55 In reply to: Denis Pombriant
We had the land of rising sun then we have Chine then Korea north and south trying to de establish In the old days, before the world was awash in capital with nowhere to go, an announcement of monetary easing was generally considered a good thing, a sign that central bankers were on the job. Historically, in all but the most extreme circumstances, lower interest rates have tended to spur economic activity, with the contemporaneous effect of supporting risky assets. But we are clearly living in an extreme circumstance, and after eight years of such announcements from central banks, it’s time to ask whether monetary policymakers are pushing on a string. The latest example of such: the Bank of Japan’s January 29 decision to apply negative interest rates to a small portion (4 percent) of commercial bank reserves. “The intended signaling was that quantitative easing could still be expanded and that the commitment to raising inflation remains strong,” analysts in Credit Suisse’s Global Markets division wrote in a recent report. “For us, the bigger message is that policymakers are not finding traction in combating lackluster growth and are struggling in the search for effectiveness without any real conviction.” -Then come the finance
Jump to:
Are you willing to pay a subscription fee to Twitter?
Yes - Twitter is an important tool for my organization. Paying for a subscription is an easy business decision for us.
Yes - I use the platform frequently and want access to every available feature.
Possibly - It depends on which features will be offered and what those will cost.
No - I will only use Twitter for services that are available free of charge.
No - I don't use Twitter for free, so I'd never consider a paid subscription.