Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Customer-Centric Thinking Is Good for the Back Office Too

Re: Customer-Centric Thinking Is Good for the Back Office Too
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2011-05-18 10:52:12
See Full Story

My wife is a recruiter working in high technology. Recruiters are like every other profession: There are some bad ones, a bunch in the middle who are competent, and some who are truly excellent. I may be biased, but I think she falls into the latter category. Here's why I think she's so good: She thinks of the managers she's hiring for as her customers, and she spends a lot of time getting to know them and their needs for specific job roles. She also gauges their personalities and factors that into her recruiting.

Customer-Centric Thinking Is Good for the Back Office Too
Posted by: Paul Leamon, NICE Systems 2011-06-01 13:29:33 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Chris, thanks for the great article. I completely agree with your points about how the back office employees need to understand how vital they are to the customer experience and therefore how they need to be responsive to their internal customers. There is a revolution in many companies today as their back offices are working more closely with their contact centers to improve the customer experience and operational efficiency. In these companies, many back offices and contact centers are sharing work and therefore sharing processes and technology. This revolution is being helped by new desktop technologies that provide the ability for back offices to be run more efficiently by giving visibility into how employees do their work, tracking the handing of each back office work item and ensuring that SLAs are met. The data gathered from these new technologies allows for detailed performance management and workforce management that the back offices could never do in the past with limited and infrequent time and motion study data. These tools can also connect the dots between the back office work and the contact center by providing the real-time status of back office work items for the contact center agents to have at their fingertips when the customers call for an update. With these new tools and the adoption of the advice that you have given in this article, the future of customer service across the back office and contact center is bright.
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.