Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: How to Respond to a Data Breach, Part 1

Re: How to Respond to a Data Breach, Part 1
Posted by: Kelly Shermach 2007-02-08 11:31:19
See Full Story

As the technology that businesses depend on has diversified, new tools have enabled the capture and storage of minutia from operations and transactions. However, the wealthier companies become in data assets, the more attractive they become to attackers. This is why data security requires great attention and investment -- to prevent potential breaches. TJX surely realizes this, given its recent challenges in responding to an unauthorized intrusion of its computer systems that exposed the credit and debit card details of customers in several countries.

Re: How to Respond to a Data Breach, Part 1
Posted by: marileev 2007-02-08 11:38:07 In reply to: Kelly Shermach
A companion to responding to a data breach within your organization is revisiting your company's Risk Policies. These days when information can walk out on a thumb drive, iPod or sent out via email, employees of your organization need to know what is good workplace technology usage.
Investing in encryption, authentication and email-anti theft software in the end can help head off these security risks and save an organization loads of bad PR http://redmondmag.com/reports/article.asp?EditorialsID=340
Jump to:
Are you willing to pay a subscription fee to Twitter?
Yes - Twitter is an important tool for my organization. Paying for a subscription is an easy business decision for us.
Yes - I use the platform frequently and want access to every available feature.
Possibly - It depends on which features will be offered and what those will cost.
No - I will only use Twitter for services that are available free of charge.
No - I don't use Twitter for free, so I'd never consider a paid subscription.