Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Sales Get the Glory but Retention Gets the Gold

Re: Sales Get the Glory but Retention Gets the Gold
Posted by Christopher J. Bucholtz on 2013-08-02 06:41:31
See Full Story

If you want glamour, status and prestige within your company, go out and get new customers. If you want to stay in business, specialize in keeping the ones you have happy and loyal. Customer retention isn't flashy, and it doesn't earn extra pats on the back from executives or big promotions -- which is a shame, because it's usually more profitable over the long term than hauling in new accounts. It can be a lot more profitable. Acquiring a new customer is six to seven times more costly than retaining a customer.

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: Sales Get the Glory but Retention Gets the Gold  Christopher J. Bucholtz  2013-08-02 06:41:31
Re: Sales Get the Glory but Retention Gets the Gold  BrianKelly  2013-08-06 10:38:07
Re: Sales Get the Glory but Retention Gets the Gold  Danielyhkim88  2013-08-02 14:55:15
Re: Sales Get the Glory but Retention Gets the Gold  SalesProCRM  2013-08-02 06:52:28
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

How will the pandemic influence your holiday shopping habits this year?
I will shop online exclusively, for my own safety and to help limit the spread of the coronavirus.
I will do some shopping online, and some in-person because I want to support merchants in my area.
I will shop online definitely, and I will consider local retailers -- but only if they provide curbside service.
I will only shop in-person because the risks associated with e-commerce outweigh my chance of catching COVID-19.
I will not do any holiday shopping this year due to circumstances related to the pandemic.