Instantly delete email threats with 365 Threat Monitor » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: 'GTA IV' Draws Criticism for Simulated Drunk Driving

Re: 'GTA IV' Draws Criticism for Simulated Drunk Driving
Posted by: Derrik J. Lang 2008-05-01 09:18:09
See Full Story

Mothers Against Drunk Driving wants a stricter rating on "Grand Theft Auto IV." The organization is calling on the Entertainment Software Ratings Board, the independent organization that assigns video game ratings, to reclassify "GTA IV" as an Adults Only game. The action-driving game, which includes the ability to drive while intoxicated, is currently rated Mature. "Drunk driving is not a game, and it is not a joke," MADD said in a statement released Tuesday. "Drunk driving is a choice, a violent crime and it is also 100 percent preventable."

GTA IV not the first GTA game to allow drunk driving
Posted by: willyboxc 2008-05-01 13:53:46 In reply to: Derrik J. Lang
In grand theft auto san andreas the main character goes to a guys house that is trying to manufacture alcohol, and the player has to drive him to the hospital while you are intoxicated, the screen becomes very wavy and it becomes difficult to steer. If you press the left stick to turn left you might actually turn left more than you normally would controls are distorted. The MADD company should do some research, if the ratings board gave the previous version a Mature rating than why would it require a higher rating on this game? Plus anyone buying this game 17+ should know that 1.) they aren't even old enough to buy alcohol or drink and 2.) that you are an idiot and will pay the consequences if you do decide to drink and drive. If you drive down the road and kill someone else and you live, i agree throw the book at them. I have this game though and it does not influence my decision at all. There might be 1 out of 1,000,000 people though that see this game and have some low mental capacity and decide its alright to shoot your gun out the window while driving down the street running over mail boxes and news stands because you just stole the car you are in and do this all while being drunk. This is called Natural selection. MADD is just wasting time and resources when it should be focused on something important, like getting GLADD.
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.