Instantly delete email threats for Office 365 » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Tools and Tricks for Information Junkies

Re: Tools and Tricks for Information Junkies
Posted by: Paul H.P. Christen 2008-04-22 07:29:04
See Full Story

I am an information junkie, and I suffer from information overload. There, I've said it! And even though sometimes it seems like a momentous task to wade through the virtually endless supply of information to find and view the information that I want without wasting hours each day, there is hope. The truth is there are great tools and technologies now at our disposal, and even more exciting ones on the horizon, for tackling the information overload challenge. First, the reality is that many people are not aware of the advances in the "mechanics" of information capture and organization.

Managing information overload
Posted by: cfrey 2008-04-22 07:52:03 In reply to: Paul H.P. Christen
Mind mapping software is a great tool for managing information overload. You can easily do a "brain dump" for a new project, for example, re-arrange topics and sub-topics at will, and then attach related files and links. This last part alone can save you a lot of time when you're trying to find the files and resources related to the project. You can also create dynamic "dashboards" that import data from RSS feeds, Excel spreadsheets, etc. It's very flexible, and is fairly easy to learn.
Jump to:
How important is social media to the success of your business?
Highly -- Social media is essential to our business model.
Somewhat -- We do see benefit from social media, but without it our operations would continue.
Minimally -- We're on social media because that's expected, though it's influence on our success is negligible.
Not at All -- Social media is not useful to our business.